X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unk yellow brown- big and pleasant.

I found this fig in a southern nursery labeled “fig”. Thought maybe it was a Celeste but clearly not. Big figs. We just had a lot of rain. It’s a bit diluted today, but it’s a nice fruity fig. Later in the season the flesh becomes more red, the flavor intensifies and the skin darker brown. Maybe a English brown turkey type as it has very large pretty bland breba. I take them off because leaving them sacrifices the main crop significantly. It’s a keeper for me.
    Attached Files
    Soccer playing, whiskey drinking, cigar smoking, dark fig eating woman
    married to my best friend, the same uber tolerant man, for 29 years
    Zone 7a

Nice. Very nice. Think it should have stayed another day or two.
    Teresa Staunton Va Zone 6B

Comment

• blaze
      blaze commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep should have but we were getting more rain and frankly I was hungry and was anxious to eat it.

Wow very interesting color inside it, looks good!
    Kevin, N. Ga 7b Cheers!

Wishing all of you a bountiful harvest!

Comment

That knife tho
      Anthony- Fig Finder of Los Angeles

Instagram

Comment

So after all of this rain no splitting at all and the flavor is excellent. Fruit punch like. Interesting texture not syrupy more peach like.
        early and productive. I am pretty sure it’s a EBT type variant. But it’s much earlier than my bass red Lebanese, is bigger. This one was smaller than the other three I have gotten off this tree which has about 40 figs on it. It isn’t bothered by birds either. This one is a little darker reddish more than brown. It was exposed to more sun. The skin damage was at the paws of our kitten who played with it knocking it into the sink while I hunted batteries for the scale.
        (excuse the counter my husband just made pizza with his new pizza oven and it’s still a bit messy)
        Attached Files
        Soccer playing, whiskey drinking, cigar smoking, dark fig eating woman
        married to my best friend, the same uber tolerant man, for 29 years
        Zone 7a

Comment

I think EBT is a good call on this nice fruit.
          Tony; Pickens county, SC zone 7b

Care for the Earth...there's no place like home

Comment

Working...
          X