X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deanna Wow

Im a VDB fig guy mostly but now that im getting these guys im really liking the variety of different flavors. Deanna is a great fig nice and large with a clean sugary flavor thats a nice change from other more complex flavored figs. Im glad i moved Deanna to a 20 gal pot last year its a winner in my book. Semi arid zone 6b eastern wash climate.
    Attached Files
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    WL: Raspberry Latte, Black Zadar. Spokane, Wa. Z6

Looks great. I’m really enjoying some honey figs this year too. It’s nice to have options!

Comment

I think I like honey figs more than most people here but I haven't tried enough of them to know if I really need variety amongst them. Do most honey figs taste the same or are there differences? I'm curious if Deanna is very different from Long Yellow.
      Seattle (zone 8b).

Comment

• shawnjames70
        shawnjames70 commented
        Editing a comment
        My first year YLN have figs swelling. Will be compairing soon. My excel and corkys honey are not as clean / refreshing in taste as deanna is. Never had great figs off my 2 corkys and excel trees like i have off my deanna, deanna just seem more premium.

• Figwasp
        Figwasp commented
        Editing a comment
        shawnjames70 Excellent. I'm looking forward to hearing your YLN comparison. I have YLN and I really like it. So much that I got cuttings of Long Yellow, Corky's, and Deanna last winter, but the Deanna didn't make it. I'm trying to decide if I want to replace it but you might have already convinced me to try.

Got a Deanna cutting from Ohio Joe . Looking forward to taste some big yellow figs soon.
      Cleveland South - Zone 5B.

Comment

• Ohio Joe
        Ohio Joe commented
        Editing a comment
        Could you please put an air layer on for me? Can't find where that came from.

• jake44141
        jake44141 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ohio Joe, once I verify that it's indeed Deanna, I'll get you a tree next spring. The figs are large. Thanks for the cutting.

Deanna is an excellent cultivar. While prone to splitting, it does produce some nice big figs that have an exceptional honey flavor. When chilled, it's even better. Definitely our favorite honey fig so far. We also have Excel and Peter's Honey, but they do not compare.
      Jason. San Diego, CA - Zone 10A WL: Dominick, Chiappetta

Comment

• Figwasp
        Figwasp commented
        Editing a comment
        Is your Peters Honey in ground? It seems like everyone who likes Peters Honey says it has to be in ground or it isn't special.

• shawnjames70
        shawnjames70 commented
        Editing a comment
        No potted

• JCT
        JCT commented
        Editing a comment
        Figwasp It is potted with no plans to put it in the ground. The Deanna is in the ground and provides enough honey figs for us. Excel and PH ripen quicker for me, which would be the only reason to keep them.
    Working...
    X