X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Miss Figgy

I’ve read that this cultivar, though a “sport” of Violette de Bordeaux may just be exactly the same, but I do not have any figs on my other VdB figs to compare to yet.

This is was just Delicious - it had a good, figgy flavor and sweetness, pleasing background seed “crunch” (more like tiny poppy texture) and an almost nutty richness to it that reminded me of pecans.

I wish I had more to try in order to see if it was just my imagination, but this was the first ripe one for me and no others are turning just yet.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
    Baltimore, MD (7a?) - Restarting my collection as of February 2022 - Wish me Luck!

I've got a LMF that I'm hoping might start producing next year. Glad to hear it's a tasty fig!

Comment

My second fig from this tree also had a pecan aftertaste (my wife agreed with me) so it wasn’t just my imagination!

She said the last one we ate tasted like a marshmallow - to me it definitely had something special to the flavor but it was just figgy goodness and sweet (similar to our Celeste in the past)
      Baltimore, MD (7a?) - Restarting my collection as of February 2022 - Wish me Luck!

Comment

• jessup42
        jessup42 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have an unknown that taste like cotton candy, but marshmallow is right up my alley! Love me some marshmallow. Shhhh re:cottoncandy 🤫

I will have to look closer, but my little Miss figgy in ground and Petit negra in ground both started ripening about the same day and are both very small. This could be a mistake in transit or on my end, but I will have to look a little closer...
      wnc Z7a Hominy Valley
      wish list: a world without Invasive Pests

Comment

One other thing - as many have said before, “Little” Miss Figgy isn’t so little - I’m 6’1” tall, and it grew (from total die-back to the ground in February this year) to this beautiful specimen!
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

• TNJed
          TNJed commented
          Editing a comment
          Very nice!
      Working...
      X