X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m impressed with my I-258

I been trying to root this fig for 3 years and I finally got success. I basically killed 8 out of 9 cuttings. I’m so impressed with the vigour on this fig I have to share it. From day one when I rooted my very only cutting, it was struggling so I ended up putting it in the ground to see if it will take off but it didn’t, I then repotted it and It was beginning to show signs of life 😃. This is my success. All I have to say is never give up on your cuttings. My next step is to eat figs off it.
    Attached Files
    Zone 5 Barrie, on

Great job!

Comment

Great job, indeed, never give up on your cuttings!
      -- Zone 10a
      Documenting my fig addiction here

Comment

Very nice, some of my best gals were slow starters.
        Tony; Pickens county, SC zone 7b

Care for the Earth...there's no place like home

Comment

Nice !
          Toronto, Canada USDA Zone 5. Wish List: Azores Dark, Malta Black, Sucrette, LSU Hollier and Violet Sepor. I'm always interested in trading cuttings if your in the Southern Ontario area. Thank You!

Comment

Next up, fruit!
            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
            Jesse in western Maine, zone 4/5
            Wishlist- earliest maincrop varieties

Comment

• Vitooch1
              Vitooch1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Daaang!! Can’t wait 😊

• Halligan-
              Halligan- commented
              Editing a comment
              Stellar!

Wish you continued success!
            Almaguin Highlands, Canada. Zone 4a/3b. WL: Ronde de Bordeaux, Florea, Hollier, Dauphine, Gisotta nero, Verdolino, Malta Black, Violet Sepor .Any early finishers would help, just starting out, not picky. Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication~Da Vinci

Comment

Well I was SO CLOSE to trying my first ripened I-258 until something (a rat?) managed to swipe it despite my best effort to protect the ripening fig. 😡
              Attached Files
              Piney Point Village, Zone 8b
              W/L- Allix, Cateto

Comment

• blaze
                blaze commented
                Editing a comment
                Wow you really deserved that fig. Sorry

• Vitooch1
                Vitooch1 commented
                Editing a comment
                That is depressing !! Sorry to hear pal

• Bellefleurs
                Bellefleurs commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you for allowing me to gripe.
                I’ve never tasted an I-258 before and I’ve waited years for this one.

Well done.

This year is also the first year that I rooted I-258. I've had similar experience as you. Very delicate roots at first but once it gets going, it is quite vigorous. It started pushing some figlets while I still had the tree inside back in May.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210825_104457.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	600.2 KB
ID:	1040769

I left three figs on the trees just for fun. First one dropped. Second ripened a week ago (see picture below). Last one is starting to swell as you can see from the picture above.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210816_183022.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	657.8 KB
ID:	1040770
              I'm never expecting much from first year trees but taste was good. It was also 60g which is considerable. I'm still on the fence whether I-258 is worth it in my climate. It might require a massive head start in order to get a good harvest.

Time will tell.
              Attached Files
              Ottawa, ON 🇨🇦 — USDA Zone 4a

Comment

I’m in zone 6b I do well with it, what’s impressive with I258 it produces some nice quality brebas, I decided this year I will start a couple more and prune one for breba only.
                This are brebas. Click image for larger version

Name:	DCFBF18A-42C9-464D-950E-7B5A59351052.jpeg
Views:	335
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	1040832
                Wallingford,Ct. zone 6b

Comment

One of my favorite tasting figs. I have about 25 just starting to swell on my tree. I also have it’s twin and I think they are the same
                  Soccer playing, whiskey drinking, cigar smoking, dark fig eating woman
                  married to my best friend, the same uber tolerant man, for 29 years
                  Zone 7a

Comment

I bought mine on Figbid, bought it from Dan Foster. It arrived and I up potted on July 2, 2021. I placed it out on the patio on August 20th. It booming growth with lots of prospective figlets. I am very happy with this variety going in ground in February.
                    Attached Files
                    Guy A
                    St Augustine Fl.
                    Zone 9A.

Comment

Working...
                    X