X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1st CdD Noir

Off my 2nd year tree. Last year no figs, this year just one! But damn worth it. It was my fault for keeping it in a 3 gallon pot instead of uppoting properly.

I took pictures as morning and afternoon once it started to show color.

1st set of collage of pics are August 20th to August 23rd.
    Last set of collage set is August 23rd to present day August 25th

Pics of fig in hand are from today as well obviously lol. The skin was thick but had great flavor. Deep berry flavor and medium sweetness which allowed me to taste the fig. Thick and jammy. It was worth the wait. Now I need to baby it and uppot maybe root prune as I'm sure it's rootbound.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Rudypayraise; 08-25-2021, 08:53 PM.
    Forest Hill, Texas: Zone 8a

No wish list but open to trades and offers

Woohoo! Look at that beauty! Glad you got to try it this year and hope next year brings you many more
    ░░░SoCal░ ░ ͡ i ͡ ░ ░Zone░ ░9A░░░

W/L: La Joya, Ondata, Belvedere, Bebera Branca, Fico Giallo, Vernino, Asunta 5 Paco (DF)

Comment

• Rudypayraise
      Rudypayraise commented
      Editing a comment
      You're the best thank you for the positive vibes.

Excellently photoed and looks amazing!
    Kevin, N. Ga 7b Cheers!

Wishing all of you a bountiful harvest!

Comment

• Rudypayraise
      Rudypayraise commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you man it's hard to get focus right while getting eaten alive by Texas mosquitoes lol.

• Ktrain
      Ktrain commented
      Editing a comment
      lol everything is bigger in Texas.

Wow nicely done rudy. I'm sure the future is bright on this one 😎
    Joe - Rhode Island Zone 7a

Comment

• Rudypayraise
      Rudypayraise commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you bro it's definitely agree it's a keeper as they say.

Looks amazing
    MJ
    Chicago Zone 5
    Figbid Listings Varieties List

Comment

• Rudypayraise
      Rudypayraise commented
      Editing a comment
      Appreciate it. Means alot especially after seeing your BM and Black Tuscan post! Those were juicy.

Congrats! I’m currently waiting to taste my first col de dames too, I have roja

Comment

• Rudypayraise
      Rudypayraise commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks thats definitely one I was looking forward to but no figs this year. My CdD Rimada is loaded but none ripe yet. Make sure to post your Roja!

Congrats, looks Great!
    Zone 8B Lockhart, Texas - WL- Thermalito, I258, Del San Jaume Gran, White Madeira #1, Noire De Barbentane, Paratjal Rimada, Bordissot Negra Rimada & Robert's Golden Rainbow

Comment

• Rudypayraise
      Rudypayraise commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you fellow Texan.

nothing looks better that a pretty figs.
    Pete
    USDA Zone 7b
    Piedmont NC

Comment

• Rudypayraise
      Rudypayraise commented
      Editing a comment
      You're talking the truth.

• Figgerlickinggood
      Figgerlickinggood commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes it does, except for maybe my home made lasagna.

• Rudypayraise
      Rudypayraise commented
      Editing a comment
      Id trade one for just one bite! Homemade you say?

Beauty! Very happy you're patience is paying off.
    Tony; Pickens county, SC zone 7b

Care for the Earth...there's no place like home

Comment

• Rudypayraise
      Rudypayraise commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. I was definitely close to picking off too early as the neck wouldn't drop the fig. Couldn't screw the only one from the tree! Patience is definitely key.

Ok so 6 days. Not too bad for ripening a good quality fig. I had cddN cuttings that rooted easily but being out of town so much they wound up overwatered and died from rot. My mistake. Using a mix that held too much water. But I have 1 CddB baud And 1 CddG baud. From good sources and each looks proper. And both have 4 n 5 fruit. They got a late start on account of excess rain stunted them for several weeks but I think cddB may ripen. It started setting fruit sooner. But the cddG is more vigorous overall and has figs on it that may ripen still. Enjoyed the pics bro, have a nice day.
    7b.. Wish list figs.. #1.Verdalino, #2.Figoin.....

Comment

• Rudypayraise
      Rudypayraise commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sorry to hear about the losses. I've had the same heavy hand with poor draining medium. Are you referring to CdD Gegantina or CdD Grise? I have CdD Gegantina and it's loaded and my tallest of trees. Waiting for it to ripen. I dont have CdDB. We should set up a trade during cutting season. Thanks for your comments. Have a blessed day as well.

I love seeing a fig starting to dry on the tree without excessive cracking, splitting, mold or ants.
    You waited the perfect amount of time to pick it!
    Last edited by Netstars; 08-26-2021, 10:03 AM.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCHHopi_E99OBvafBPEcF_pg
    Zone 8B - Cottage Grove, Or
    Wish List - Crema di Wheat

Comment

• Netstars
      Netstars commented
      Editing a comment
      Perfect - these are the conditions that lead to figs that are drying on the tree.
      Many do not realize that if you have open cracks and/or open eyes with humidity the figs that you get will not be drying on the tree.
      Mold, ants and the beginning stages of spoilage will NEVER give you a fig
      that is drying on the tree!

• Rudypayraise
      Rudypayraise commented
      Editing a comment
      You're right, my Malteste Beauty kept ripening figs every time it would rain and I'd end up with amber sweet some times spoiled fruit. Once it ripened with great weather I got the right color and flavor. I see why so many folks seek tight eye and rain resistant figs. Makes plenty of sense. An unknown ill be posting for possible ID in a new thread is definitely a splitter and molds under humid and rainy conditions. When good weather came it was delicious. Netstars in your opinion would bringing a potted figs under a covered patio prevent any spoilage, mold or splitting until the rain ends or would the humpty still take its toll? Haven't tried it as I wasn't sure it would be worth the trouble.

• Netstars
      Netstars commented
      Editing a comment
      Rudypayraise As far as bringing the pots under a covered patio goes, I do not know the answer to that question.
      The wet conditions that are common in the East lead to the desire for small figs with closed eyes and a shape the sheds water.
      If you are in a warm and dry climate at harvest time, a closed eye is not as important and size matters!
      This is why I like 35 grams and above figs.

Looks great 👍🏻
    Glad to hear the skin is good!
    Round Rock, TX 8b
    WL: Delicious figs

Comment

Great pictures. I would have picked it a day too soon.

Comment

It must have been extremely difficult to keep patience waiting for it to finish ripening. LOL
        Teresa Staunton Va Zone 6B

Comment

Working...
        X