X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balkans Grey - maybe Smyrna?

My young Balkans Grey tree was loaded with around 30-40 figs and has dropped almost all of them so far. I’m sure the rest will be off soon. Just a heads up if someone’s considering acquiring it.

Ah man, I was recommending this one in the winter...I wish Wills would put some info on these potential Smyrnas on his website.

My tree is small and I have the wasp around, but this has me feeling a little guilty for recommending.
    Tom V
    San DiegoCa

Comment

@@@@balls
      wnc Z7a Hominy Valley
      wish list: a world without Invasive Pests

Comment

• Sod
        Sod commented
        Editing a comment
        For real.

• goodfriendmike
        goodfriendmike commented
        Editing a comment
        Man you always get the smyrnas??? Did you p off the fig gods?!?

First the cutting was riddled with scales and now it might be a Smyrna? What a luck!
      Ramil. West Seattle, 8b
      Current Fig List
      Wishing for: Moro de Caneva

Comment

Started turning red today. I expect them all to drop again this year in the next week or so. I hate it because it’s grown into a very nice tree.

Comment

I believe it’s a Smyrna

Comment

ercan_blg I believe it is a family heirloom of Ercan's. Ercan, could it be a smyrna? If Will fruited it, then either it's common, san pedro, or one of the rare smyrnas that over time sets fruit without the wasp (Dato has reported on some cases).

Comment

I’d love confirmation on this if possible. It’s one more I can off to the burn pile.
            Z8+ Oregon, willamette valley. WL: More land, cool citrus
            Ok fine, I made a channel but it’s not all figs: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC2vAVzLns27I5JUiwpiPMUw

Comment

• KMH
              KMH commented
              Editing a comment
              Sod. I'd hold off burning for now. I think not enough people have it, and enough people have established trees.

for what it's worth, my bordissot Blanca Negra didn't fruit for the first 3 years and I thought it was a dud. Actually got 2 replacement Scions from 2 different sources to test it out. The dud tree ended up a winner though.
          Working...
          X