X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• De Tres Esplets

First off, let me apologize if I am posting these out of turn. If there is a better way for me to post fruit pics, please let me know below.
    Anyway for what it's worth, I am SUPER happy with this years DTE fruit!!! It has GREAT seed crunch that our family loves! Not to mention, it's full of light berry sweetness! I have had VERY little splitting on fruits this year with this 2 year old tree here in NE Ohio (zone 6a).

Click image for larger version

Name:	De Tres Esplets.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	346.9 KB
ID:	1040947
    Zone 6a
    Wish List: To successfully grow figs in Ohio

Thanks for posting. My DTE cutting is finally taking off. No fruit this year, but I am sure I will be rewarded next season.
    Peter - San Diego 10a. Santa Rosa 9b, 10b. WL: Angelito, Sicily 33, Narucciolo d Elba and Figoin. Better to give than to receive

Comment

• Froo-T
      Froo-T commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sure it will be worth your wait! ;-)

Looks yummy! πŸ˜‹
    β–‘β–‘β–‘Sβ–‘oβ–‘Cβ–‘aβ–‘lβ–‘ β–‘ Ν‘ i Ν‘ β˜Όβ–‘ β–‘Zβ–‘oβ–‘nβ–‘eβ–‘ β–‘9Aβ–‘β–‘β–‘

W/L: La Joya, Ondata, Belvedere, Bebera Branca, Fico Giallo, Vernino, Asunta 5 Paco (DF)

Comment

"Posting out of turn"??? We have to take turns? Nobody told me!

Anyway, thanks for the contribution. There have been a lot of questions about DTE, so this helps.
      Last edited by jrdewhirst; 08-26-2021, 07:35 AM.
      Joe, Z6B, RI.

Comment

• Froo-T
        Froo-T commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Joe

I know a lot have people have add DTE as well as myself to their collection in hopes of an early ripening quality fig. So far it looks very good.
      Tony, Toronto Canada USDA 4B now 5B apparently!!
      Wishlist:
      Yellow Neches, St Martain, Texas Peach.

Comment

• Froo-T
        Froo-T commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you. Glad to share

I rooted two DTE cuttings this winter and gifted one to my neighbor. I had given her a couple of trees four years ago that turned out to be duds for both of us, so I promised her new trees that would both set and ripen figs here in 5b/6a.
      β€œThe best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.”
      – Source Unknown
      MA 5b/6a

Comment

• Froo-T
        Froo-T commented
        Editing a comment
        You're one of the good ones ginamcd ;-)

• ginamcd
        ginamcd commented
        Editing a comment
        Froo-T There are a lot of us here.

DTE has been my fasting growing tree by far. Both the potted and in-ground trees are over 7-feet tall. I had a third cutting, so I started training it as a low cordon. It's also a monster. My first fig was quite early, although this was from a cutting I started over the winter. I'm now waiting on figs from the in-ground tree.
      Salvatore - my students call me SC
      Zone 6a, SW Cleveland

Comment

• Froo-T
        Froo-T commented
        Editing a comment
        That's some GOOD growth man!!!

Thank you for letting me try one this past weekend, albeit a day or two early. I couldn't pass up the opportunity. I look forward to putting this variety in my collection.
      Zone 6a/b, Cincinnati. Wishlist: Ouriola, Ondata & Tupac's Killer

Comment

• Froo-T
        Froo-T commented
        Editing a comment
        Of course NotoriousFIG! It was good to have you out! Hopefully more people can come out and eat some figs with me some day. By the way, Burgan Unk is still growin ;-)
        Last edited by Froo-T; 08-26-2021, 01:40 PM.
    Working...
    X