X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fig Life Videos

I have been watching the Fig Life videos on youtube and wonder who Pete is. Is he a member here?
    8A GA Wishlist: Black Socorro,Ponte Tresa,Stella,White Adriatic #1, Cavaliere, Colonel Littman's Black Cross, heirloom figs that have been passed down from generation to generation

It's SubmarinePete - https://www.ourfigs.com/forum/figs-h...82-figlife-com
    “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.”
    – Source Unknown
    MA 5b/6a

Comment

• LadyGT
      LadyGT commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!

Pete is a straight shooter and I trust him.
    I cannot say this about everyone doing reviews on YouTube.
    I believe some people hype their figs before they even taste them because they have financial skin in the game.
    I have learned many things watching his videos.
    I now understand the advantage of growing smaller figs with tight eyes and quick hang time in humid climates.
    I have traded with Pete and his trees are really nice.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCHHopi_E99OBvafBPEcF_pg
    Zone 8B - Cottage Grove, Or
    Wish List - Crema di Wheat

Comment

Love the videos, and agree that he's got good trees. I bought a rooted cutting from him early on and he even had a video to help with proper watering.
      Meys - Round Rock, TX. Zone 8b
      Wishlist: Cherry Cordial, Cosme Manyo, Texas Peach, Black Celeste, Little Ruby, any persistent caprifig.

Comment

SubmarinePete

Pete’s awesome. Definitely one of the good ones.
        Z8+ Oregon, willamette valley. WL: More land, cool citrus
        Ok fine, I made a channel but it’s not all figs: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC2vAVzLns27I5JUiwpiPMUw

Comment

The reason for my asking is because I really liked his videos and website. I also figured that if the varieties do well in VA, then they may do well here in GA. His summer time climate is similar to mine and may have weeded out the varieties that wouldn't do well here.
        8A GA Wishlist: Black Socorro,Ponte Tresa,Stella,White Adriatic #1, Cavaliere, Colonel Littman's Black Cross, heirloom figs that have been passed down from generation to generation

Comment

I'm also loving the videos, especially the new 'landscape mode Pete.' I think of figlife as figaholics-east (at least for now).

The only downside is I have a direct comparison to how not spectacular I am at growing figs in our area.

I really appreciate the time and effort your putting in Pete!
          Northern VA, Zone 7a

Comment

Yeah that’s my website and videos.

I appreciate the commentary. I’m building a business operation around the website FigLife.com, so while I do hope my videos help others, altruism is not the only reason I’m doing it. I’m am trying to be honest with people though and help them be successful growing figs, so hopefully at the end of the day my website will allow me to pay a few bills while also accomplishing the goals I listed on the site:
            -share the joy of growing figs with others
            -raise awareness about how great figs are
            -provide useful tips that help others

FigLife: www.figlife.com
            www.youtube.com/figlifedotcom
            [email protected]

Comment

• LadyGT
              LadyGT commented
              Editing a comment
              When you describe the fig, would you also include the size of the eye or if it's closed? I think you do, but just wanted to put that request in anyways. I am in middle GA and that is a big deal to me when choosing a variety.

• SubmarinePete
              SubmarinePete commented
              Editing a comment
              LadyGT Yeah I agree that's pretty important. I'll try

He’s the bomb! Sold me an amazing tree and was very good with answering questions I had.
            Travis - Cincinnati OH. Zone 6
            wishlist- ondata, Verdolino, rosselino, lsu Scott’s black, crozes, brown sugar crunch https://youtube.com/channel/UCYp6pIa2-WlnommArTGKlpQ

Comment

• LadyGT
              LadyGT commented
              Editing a comment
              I am curious how the prices are going to be compared to his competitors. Shipping especially. lol

Thanks for sharing. Love That Pete is to the point and it’s not 12 minutes. Excellent content.

Comment

SP doest waste half an hour trying to weigh his figs on video
              WV Harpers Ferry Zone 6b

Comment

Good videos, he also has nice cuttings and plants.
                Ed- Southern Utah 8b - Wish List: Anything that is very tasty, that is common and I don't have.

Comment

Working...
                X