X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fig frolic

Had a great time at fig frolic in Chattanooga.

Good people, good time, good figs!
    Mike
    Cobb County GA, 7b
    Wishlist: Bornholm/Nexöe, Cavaliere, Zaffiro

Comment

We didn't think we'd make it but glad we did. Lots of super nice people. Willing to share their knowledge with others no matter what their 'level' of fig experience. Always glad to see that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U09e3ZUgtNo

Comment

• Undead Fruit N.GA
        Undead Fruit N.GA commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for the video. I loved it! I could not believe i snagged a CLBC in the white elephant drawing. (Thank you Strudel dog for your generosity, airlayer and advice!) Angel and Ian, all I can say is, bless you!

It was a great place to meet old friends and new figgers. Thanks to 2AngelsMushrooms and BackwoodsSouthernLawyer for the planning and running the zoo. Also to those that donated fig plants to give away, once again everyone took home a fig tree if they wanted one to promote figging, also thanks to the Ooltewah Nursery in Ooltewah, TN for hosting all the fignuts. Thanks to Dr. Hilliard Lawler for the presentation on Grafting for dummies like me.

I was able to meet lots of Forum members face to face for the first time. The weather cooperated, it was shall we say warm but no rain. But we did have shade trees! Refreshments were provided and pre-ordered bag lunches were available. Super well organized. Later that evening a bunch of us figgers met at a local restaurant to feed our faces with some good food and share pics of gardens and discuss the three important "F"'s Friends, Food and Figs. Already looking forward to next years Figfrolic. Put it on your to do list for next year if you are close. Even if you are not close!
      Last edited by jmrtsus; 08-30-2021, 07:44 PM. Reason: cause I am a dummy!

Comment

Working...
      X