X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Staten Island Fig Festival

Good morning everyone! The 2021 Staten Island Fig Festival was announced. Traditionally, the Fig Fest would be held on the 15th of September every year around 7 PM. Over the years the event has grown very large and (at times) has been forced to find a new home for the specific date. A few years ago The National Lighthouse Museum has taken on our wonderful get-together and hosted on 9/15. I'm happy to announce the Staten Island Fig Festival has been moved to a Sunday during the afternoon. The event will take place on Sunday, September 19, 2021, 2-6 PM at The National Lighthouse Museum located at 200 The Promenade at Lighthouse Point, Staten Island, NY, 10301.

Event coordinators have also recognized that fig vendors have become an important part of what makes the Fig Festival great (Last year was like a jungle of fig trees!). In order to sell fig trees at the Festival, vendors must contact the event coordinators for details at (718) 390-0040.

As a former Fig King of the 2016 Fig Festival I can say the event is a wonderful time for the entire family. You'll meet old friends and make plenty of new friends. Many restaurants and fig chefs will be there to show off their dishes and there will be plenty of food for tasing. Be prepared to trade fig trees and talk figs all day! Fig royalty will be in attendance!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fig-Fest-2021.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	1042995
    Danny; NYC Z7b

List safe. Bid safe. figBid.com

Glad to see this going to happen this year!
    Garden State 7a

Comment

Boy doe this ever look like fun! I sure wish I could go...
      Angel #1 at 2 Angels Mushrooms & Figs-Chattanooga, TN Zone 7-B

Comment

thats great. Strongly will consider attending, little nervous with the VID... will talk to the CFO
        Ike
        bergen county NJ 6b
        Wish list: oh lets face it Ill take any variety I dont have!!

Comment

I’m in. See you there

Comment

I will be there. This has been the best year for in ground figs in this area in at least 10 years. I am bringing some excellent local growing varieties and possibly some belleclare figs. Paw paws also.

Comment

• dlanor15
              dlanor15 commented
              Editing a comment
              Paw paws, yes please! I will be on the lookout, haven’t had any this year.

Great! I will be there.
            Livingston NJ, zone 6b.

Comment

Sounds interesting might have to take the trip!
              Zone 7a Westchester County, NY
              Wish List:Boysenberry Blush, De La Roca. Vincenzo, The One, Calderona de miner, Verdolino, Blanche De Deu’s Saisons

Comment

Wish I could make it. Sadly, that's a bit far for me to travel. I remember several years ago, Ross did a video there. It would be pretty cool if someone could do the same this year.
                Dfoster25 on Figbid

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJJ...CnMlVgJFxUK-Hg

Comment

I'm planning on being there.
                  Joe, Central Bucks, PA Zone 6b/7a

Comment

Working...
                  X