X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fig Bonsai

Here's a pretty neat fig bonsai found on youtube I was surprised how many figs this little tree put out

" Hershell image how many varieties you could have in your greenhouse if you did this "
    Deshojando mi bonsai, con este procedimiento conseguiremos la reduccion de la hojas.
    Wish List -

OK, that is pretty cool! I don't think I would make or even buy one for myself, but I would love to see one in person.

Oh my yes!!!
    Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

The major problem with bonsai is that when you put it in ground you can't controll the growth. They do look neat though. I'm more in favor of gargantuous though and I'm already out of room.
      Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Nice bonsai, Beyondista.

Here's a pretty neat fig bonsai found on youtube I was surprised how many figs this little tree put out
          Thanks for the video. I was surprised how many leaves he removed from the plant. But then he's going for 'look' rather than flavor of the fruits.
          SoCal, zone 10.
          www.ourfigs.com Invite your friends.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n10673[/ATTACH] Here's one I started some time ago I am going to put it in a large shallow pot this year hopefully it will put some mass on the trunk
            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
            Wish List -

Comment

That is nice Dave. I wish I had time but being gone, oh well
              Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

I know this is an older thread but I had a small rooted cutting and decided id go ahead and bonsai it today. First attempt, I make make a few more and see how they go. This one was a KB Unk which has pretty massive fruit so I need to wire it up. Next ones I do I will make sure they are smaller fruit haha. Dave how is yours doing now?
                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
                2017 Wishlist:CDDG, CDDN, CDDB, CDDR, Figo Preto, i-258, Pastilliere Dauphine, Figoin, Cavaliere, Any Bordissot's Thank you!

Comment

Dash board tree funny man!
                  Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
                  1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
                  2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

• Dave
                    Dave commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Mike did you ever see the movie The Professional? He was a hit man every where he went he brought his plant with him

• COGardener
                    COGardener commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That is a great and classic movie! "No women No children!"

No Dave I never see but he's not a good hit man if he bring plant with him everywhere ahahahah!
                  Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
                  1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
                  2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

New to the forum but I found this topic interesting! I have quite a few unintentional fig bonsai trees My Figo Preto has grown a total of 6 new leaves this entire season... at this pace I am projecting a substantial harvest in 2027 It is in a 2 gallon pot and I feed it half strength miracle grow (I know I should look for better food)... but I just get the feeling it wants to stay small lol

Comment

• AscPete
                      AscPete commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Welcome to our figs forum community.

Glad to see you Tim!

2017 is going to be an amazing year!! LOL Perhaps a bigger pot, new soil and a shot of penicillin... HAHA
                    Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Hey thanks Scott for the invite! I am thinking about repotting next year... this year I mixed potting soil with about 5-10% sand, amended with perlite, worm castings and rock dust.. I wonder if a higher % of sand is in order? Any recommendation on a specific fertalizer? The half strength miracle grow is doing fine for some of my plants but others are not responding. Regards, Tim

Comment

Here is one of many threads covering the fert questions... https://www.ourfigs.com/forum/figs-h...-feed-schedule

There is at least a couple soil threads as well.

The search engine on here is great.

Comment

Very cool, thanks!

Comment

I grabbed a few cuttings today while I was setting some late season air layers... I *may* have cut a couple specifically for rooting into Bonsai LOL Its truly a sickness.
                          2017 Wishlist:CDDG, CDDN, CDDB, CDDR, Figo Preto, i-258, Pastilliere Dauphine, Figoin, Cavaliere, Any Bordissot's Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                          X