X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Thanks to BigBill

This past weekend I had the pleasure of visiting BigBill aka BigBadBill on f4f at his home in Lancaster, PA. He and his family were very nice and his fig operation is not just limited to figs (pomegranate, jujues). I had setup a few trades and was expecting a few very nice selection from his figs. What I got was 3 times as many figs as I gave Bill! And a pomegranate too! That was total unexpected, but in reality I should have known better.

Fig people are really nice! I have found this out many times before and shouldn't at all be surprise when it happens but am also touched when someone who also sells his figs (to support a rampant hobby, I'm there too) also want to give a somewhat newbie a hands up. I will remember this and hope to pass this generous nature onwards.

Btw, I gave Bill mostly Unknowns and got from him...CDDG, Maltese Falcon, Dr. Gowaty, Hollier to name a few. Can't wait to show the pictures when they get some leaves.
    Von, Northern VA 7a

I agree Bill is the best.

Comment

Bill's good people!
      https://www.figbid.com/Listing/Browse?Seller=Kelby
      SE PA
      Zone 6

Comment

We all like to give and to receive. There are some great people out there. It's good to hear a great story.
        Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

I tasted the Hollier at LSU's Burden field and it was the best fig I tasted that day. It was also the ugliest. I hope I can get at least one fig off my Hollier this year. Thanks Bill for helping out and expanding his fig world.
          Darkman AKA Charles in Pensacola South of I-10 zone 8b/9a

Comment

I was in the area but my visit fell thorough that morning!

Comment

Yes Bill is the Bomb. He hooked me up with Gene's Paradiso cuttings. I hope I don't kill them. Also, I hope he will come to the Fig Parties this year.

Comment

Working...
              X