X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed

I bought this violette de Bordeaux and it was already two main trunks. I am training my other trees to be single leader. Do I keep it as a double or cut one off? Suggestions welcome. Thanks
    Attached Files

Why not Airlayer one branch and have a extra tree or use it for trade material?
    Mario
    Texas 9A

Comment

I agree with the above statement.
      Kevin, N. Ga 7b Cheers!

Comment

I also like just on leader, it also helps me see that bottom to make sure their is not a snake 🐍.. Fig trees have huge leaves and when we have a bunch of branches it covers a lot at ground level and makes me scared to reach inside to get a fig .. my trees are small but I notice that on some of the pictures they post here in the forum.
        Mario
        Texas 9A

Comment

Airlayer
          CJ in Memphis 7b/8a WL: Ibiza, La Bourgeoise, Ruby Rose, Figoin, Cherry Cordial, Damigella con Ramo, Corio Provence...any tasty Common Cali seedlings!

Comment

If you want a second tree, airlayer the extra trunk off. If not and don't have anyone to take it off your hands, just wait until it goes dormant and remove it when you do your pruning.
            β€œThe best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.”
            – Source Unknown
            MA 5b/6a

Comment

• Newbie2figs
              Newbie2figs commented
              Editing a comment
              Gina

He can also trade the cuttings or giving them
              to newer members.

Trunk air layer.

Large plant/tree sells for more and VDB is as many consider, a staple of one's collection.

Or trade bait? Either one is large enough grow new branches (green wood) to be able to fruit come spring/summertime.
            Inland Empire - Zone 9b

Comment

Some just like to grow multiple trunks here if in ground, but I agree with all the above.
              Tony; Pickens county, SC zone 7b
              WL: Dr Clark heirloom, GM Maltese varieties, Nordland
              Care for the Earth...there's no place like home

Comment

Working...
              X