• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's the first day of Spring

March 20. Rejoice!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    SoCal, zone 10.
    www.ourfigs.com Invite your friends.

As about 2" of snow have fallen and potentially another 5" can fall. Ugh.
    Arne - Northern NJ - Zone 6A

Comment

I can actually see some of my lawn now And next week it's supposed to be in the 50s.
      Kevin (Eastern MA - Zone 5b/6a)

Comment

here in zone 6b

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	11195
        Wish List -

Comment

and its snowing here in Delaware...
          Phil
          Zone 7A - Newark, DE; Zone 8A - Wilmington, NC;

Comment

It is clear and beautiful here in Colorado where we get over 300 days a year of sunshine. Will be hitting 70 this weekend, lov'n the spring equinox!
            Last edited by COGardener; 03-20-2015, 10:00 PM.
            Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

I've just been out in the back weeding. The annual grasses are getting dry now - about how they normally would be in May/early June. We may just skip straight to summer in my part of the world.

I've heard the wildflowers are nice this year:

SoCal, zone 10.

Comment

Snowing here. Yuck. Northeast did not get the memo. At least its warm in my greenhouse.
                Rafael
                Zone 7b, Queens, New York

Comment

Newnan, Georgia, Spring is here.

Friday
                  Saturday Sunday Monday Tuesday

75° F | 51° F

75° F | 54° F

59° F | 52° F

64° F | 46° F

73° F | 50° F
                  Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy Chance of Rain 70% chance of precipitation Rain 80% chance of precipitation Clear
                  newnandawg 7b Newnan, GA

Comment

Spring........

Name:	aaaaaa.JPG
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	11244
                    Cutting sales on willsfigs.com started Nov 1 and will continue till about March 1.

Comment

Such a good feeling to be in 'spring'. 69 tomorrow.
                      Frank ~ zone 7a VA

Comment

Wills, we consider 84 summer !LOL
                        newnandawg 7b Newnan, GA

Comment

Snow covered this morning but it melted by the time I got home from work. Come on Spring.
                          Art
                          Western Pa -6a

Comment

It started snowing about 11:00 am suppose to stop tomorrow morning it's 9:00 pm we got about 6" of snow
                            Wish List -

Comment

Dave's in the upper west corner of Connecticut. I'm in the lower east corner, same shenanigans: more snow. We're at about 5" right now. These threads always make me depressed, but I click on them anyway. Come on, Spring!

Comment

5 inches of snow March 20th first day of spring
                              Shailesh, Pennsylvania, ZONE 6B

Comment

Name:	DSC01375a.jpg
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	11332

Every day is Springtime! Well, maybe not when there's the threat of a hurricane...
                                Faith, family, friends and figs. (Not necessarily in that order).

Comment

Ugh! It's still snowing. It was supposed to stop during the night. I'm only 1.5 hrs from NYC, but my temperatures are always 10 degrees cooler.
                                  My absolute minimum temperature of 39 overnight (for figs to sleep outside) will be reached for the first time, and only once, on Thursday.
                                  Mother Nature's about to receive hate mail from Connecticut.

Comment

Here's the after math not much more room to put the snow , temperature in the greenhouse is 38 degrees hopefully this is the end of it!

Figgyfive-O my son was in Kona, Hawaii a couple of weeks ago I couldn't believe there was snow on top of the mountain that he visited I would have thought you got snow in Hawaii

Rul, hang in there cabin fever is a @@@@@ but it's almost over

Name:	2253905.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	186.8 KB
ID:	11372

Name:	IMG_0530.JPG
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	11373
                                    Wish List -

Comment

• FiggieFive_0
                                      FiggieFive_0 commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Dave, as a matter of fact, there was a blizzard warning atop Mauna Kea this past week. Hawaii Island, or Big Island, is one of the few places you can surf and ski in the same day.

Well happy spring everyone,wherever you are! It is only a matter of time ,my Northern Territory friends, until warm weather arrives. The worst is behind us so just hang in there for a few more days! Better days are coming!!!

Comment

The calendar sure seems wrong one way or the other in many places. It's been short sleeve weather here for at least a month. Lilacs are blooming about two weeks earlier than normal. Should have a very long fig growing season!!!

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
                                      My fig photos <> My fig cuttings (starts late January) <> My Youtube Videos

Comment

Yes. Ripe blueberries are weeks ahead of most years too. The birds are confused.

I think the heat in the house only got turned on one time this past winter.
                                        SoCal, zone 10.

Comment

Yes, the 1st day of spring.
                                          Now many of us wait for the 1st spring day..LOL
                                          Looks like we may get that on Wednesday.
                                          Pino, Niagara, Zone 6, WL; variegated figs, breba producers & suggestions welcome
                                          Breba photos / Main crop fig photos
                                          Canada Fig Growers

Comment

I don't believe I've ever slept with my bedroom window open in early March until this year!
                                            My fig photos <> My fig cuttings (starts late January) <> My Youtube Videos

Comment

Working...
                                            X