X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One lobed caprifig

Bumped into this today. Very ornamental tree. Any idea if this is a F. Carica?
    Attached Files
    USDA z 10a, SoCal. WL: De la Roca, Lampeira Prush, Raspberry Tart, Boysenberry Blush

Nice find Igor.
    Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

Great find Igor. Never seen anything like it! A Palmata hybrid maybe?

Comment

One lobed hybrid?
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

What else can you tell us about your find?
          Ed
          SW PA zone 6a

Comment

Thanks, guys, for your input!
            I can tell the following:
            The tree was planted, the caliper at the ground level is about 15", the bark is of light grey color, the leaves are about 95% one lobed but there are some traditional fig leaves occasionally . The tree seems to be a caprifig judging from a large number of figs at the tips of the branches. I can tell more when they are ripe.
            Attached Files
            USDA z 10a, SoCal. WL: De la Roca, Lampeira Prush, Raspberry Tart, Boysenberry Blush

Comment

Originally posted by greenfig View Post
              Bumped into this today. Very ornamental tree. Any idea if this

is a F. Carica?
              How hard did you bump into this tree? Did any small limbs fall that needed rescuing? Just can't help asking.
              Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

A tractor bump, lol.
                But all the branches were with leaves and my goats ate them
                Only a few were rescued .

Comment

My goats would like a small piece, if I had goats. Lol.

Comment

Working...
                  X