X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blueberry guy wanting to look at figs

I am a commercial blueberry grower that is interested in looking at figs as a commercial crop in Central Florida. I am now in the picking season so I will be very busy in the next few weeks, after the harvest I would like to be a help to those interest in growing blueberries.
    Masaryktown FL. Zone 9b

Welcome aboard Dan.

After harvest I'm sure we'll have numerous questions!

I'm sure you are talking with Wills. I'm not sure if there is a commercial fig opertion near you. Do you know of any?
    Darkman AKA Charles in Pensacola South of I-10 zone 8b/9a

Comment

Hi Dan,
      welcome to the only site where figs and blueberries are housed under the same roof.
      SoCal, zone 10.
      www.ourfigs.com Invite your friends.

Comment

Dan my friend.....about time you posted Yep Dan is about 30 minutes from me and has fueled my blueberry obsession so figured I would do the same to him with figs.
        Cutting sales on willsfigs.com started Nov 1 and will continue till about March 1.

Comment

Hi Dan ,
          Seems like a great idea to start a fig operation in your area of Florida.
          And great timing as well since interest in figs is high and information on growing and varieties is more available.
          With Wills in the neighborhood , lots of variety tasting I'm sure is in the future. Call it research.
          Kerry - NH zone 5
          Wish list - Del Sen Jaume Gran , Angelito ,Thermalito , Exquisito , Campaniere, Teramo , White Madeira #1 .

Comment

Dan, welcome. I definitely could use help growing blueberries. I look forward reading your post on the blueberries.
            Shailesh, Pennsylvania, ZONE 6B

Comment

Welcome but no one in their right mind would grow figs in mid Florida. Unless of course they send me cuttings.
              Bob C. KC, MO Zone 6a. Wanted: Martineca Rimada, Galicia Negra, Fioroni Ruvo, De La Reina - Pons, Tauro, BFF, Sefrawi, Sbayi, Mavra Sika , Fillaciano Bianco, Corynth, Souadi, Acciano Purple, LSU Tiger, LSU Red, Cajun Gold, BB-10 any great tasting fig

Comment

Working...
              X