X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Figs from Turkey

Hi everyone ,
    I am from Turkey and I try to give some information about our fig varieties here.As you know we have enormous varieties of figs that is some of them common and some of them symnra and also San Pedro type.
    Especially I live in Bursa city and it is famous for its Bursa durdane type that is fruits are really large and very suitable for shipping.I start to give info about Durdane black (giant black bursa ) and it is my dark apples.I attached some pics.Thank you again ,and glad to be here in fig lovers forum.
    My ebay username: rcnblg
    Growing : Sofeno Preto, Bursa Black , Sarilop, Sarizeybek, Morguz,Yesilguz,BNR,BBR
    YouTube channel and Facebook group called "Anatolian Figs"

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
    Growing : Sofeno Preto, Bursa Black , Sarilop, Sarizeybek, Morguz,Yesilguz,BNR,BBR

Comment

Hello Ercan_Blg,

Welcome to Our Fig forum community.
      Looking forward to learning more about your Turkish figs, especially Brown Turkey
      Pete R - Hudson Valley, NY - zone 5b

Comment

Hello Ercan! Welcome to the fig forum Nice to see another European grower among us. Here in North only the earliest ripenning varieties can make it. I'm looking for the earliest variety from turkey, for main crop from the common fig group. Do you know what are the earliest ones? When do they ripen? The earliest one in my collection is the mitchurinska 10, which is ripens its main crop in early August, This cultivar is Bulgarian, but Bulgaria was under turkish occupation more than 100 years, so it might has turkish origin. Do you have any earlier variety?

Comment

Hoş geldiniz abi!
          I'm from Holland and have many turkish friends, good people and i love your baklava!
          Could you please give some information about the various common types of Turkey?
          There's not a lot to be found on the internet so your experience and help is much appreciated.

Rob

Rotterdam / the Netherlands.
          Zone 8B

Comment

Hi All,
            Sorry my late reply .I am here to give info and sharing photos of our unique Anatolian varieties .As you know Anatolia had many civilization in ancient history ,so there are enormous varieties of figs in Turkey from Middle East to Europe and Balkans.

I grow symnra varieties but mainly also focus on Common types that is good quality and tasty.Let's start to share two of them.

Siyah orak is very early variety for us and have two crops .Black color fruits and very sweet.
            ​​​​​​​
            Sariketen fig is medium size and very tasty and very tolerant hot climate .Here is the photo .
            ​​​​​​​
            Ercan

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n89521[/ATTACH]
              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
              Last edited by ercan_blg; 05-27-2016, 04:46 AM.

Comment

Very nice, thanks for sharing

Comment

Hi ercan welcome to forum I knew I would see you on here. Yeah Joyce

Comment

Welcome to the forum. It's great to have you.
                    Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

Working...
                    X