X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Lost my best friend today.

I got this fellow as a rescue Feb. 05, 2005. He was to be put to sleep that day. At the time, he was probably 2 or 3 years old. He has been such a faithful companion to me, through the good and the bad. He was always glad to see me. He loved to ride. He loved to chase tennis balls out into the lake and for me to throw them out again. He was like my shadow. Tonight, he has gone to please and be with the Lord. Our last day together. We had family over for Easter, since I have to work tomorrow. Glad I got a few pictures of him today.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
    PPP
    Eatonton, GA zone 7b/8a

Sorry for your loss. It is hard to lose one.
    Jennings, Southwest Louisiana, Zone 9a

Comment

Sorry.......
      Cutting sales on willsfigs.com started Nov 1 and will continue till about March 1.

Comment

so sorry to hear this..being a dog person leaves alot to be desired at times like these. My avatar is my best bud...gone 1 year now.

I had a dog person friend who passed a few years ago...He assured me before he left he'd be taking care of them for us....waiting.

My sincerest condolences
        Ross B. Santa Rosa Calif zone 9b, wish list: CdD Blanc, Igo, Palmata, Sucrette, Morroco, Galicia Negra

Comment

I understand and am sorry.
          Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

You gave your dog a perfect life, that was filled with your love, and you provided everything that your dog needed. Your dog knew this and gave you all he had, in return, and then some.

So sorry.....

Frank

Comment

So sorry for your loss. Time heals, but I know it hurts.
              Frank ~ zone 7a VA

Comment

I'm very sorry for your loss. Pets bring such joy to our lives, and it really hurts when it's their time to go. But the joy over the years far outweighs the real sadness of the moment.
                SoCal, zone 10.
                www.ourfigs.com Invite your friends.

Comment

I hope you get through this hard time, losing someone is never easy, especially your best friend. I'm here for you man and I'm sure everyone here has your back as well if you need to fall back a little.

Comment

Dogs have telling eyes. He looks to have been well cared for and well loved.
                    Arne - Northern NJ - Zone 6A

Comment

He was a good looking boy. Sorry for your loss. My cat Pumpkin was like that. He followed me everywhere and went to the greenhouse everyday to "work". At the end of the day I would stop on my way home, open the door and he would hop in the car and go home. I still miss him so I know how you feel. It was good that you rescued him and that you both found each other.
                      NC Zone 7a-b

Comment

My most sincere condolences. The only pain our dogs give us is the day they leave us. The joy you gave him when you brought him into your family was worth everything to him.
                        Windham CT zone 6a

Comment

My condolences to you
                          Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
                          1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
                          2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

So sorry to hear this. I almost lost mine a few months ago, she had 2 surgeries in 3 months time,thank God she recovered.
                            Being a dog man myself i can definitely relate to your pain.

Rotterdam / the Netherlands.
                            Zone 8B

Comment

Very sorry for your loss. My wife and I have a 14+ yr old rescue and realize that every day she's with us is a blessing.

It looks like he and a great last day with you and your family. My condolences to you and your family during this difficult time.
                              Kevin (Eastern MA - Zone 5b/6a)

Comment

Thank you all for your caring comments and concern. He had a wonderful life with me and I, with him. Yes, they are a blessing. As bad as it hurts to lose what you love, I am so thankful to have had him to love. Better to mourn than to have never enjoyed the companionship at all. He is buried in the back yard near my peachy fig tree. I have a Jacob's Cline Monarda that is perennial, blooms red and attracts hummingbirds that I plan to plant over him.
                                PPP
                                Eatonton, GA zone 7b/8a

Comment

So sorry about your dog. They mean a lot to us.
                                  Bob C. KC, MO Zone 6a. Wanted: Martineca Rimada, Galicia Negra, Fioroni Ruvo, De La Reina - Pons, Tauro, BFF, Sefrawi, Sbayi, Mavra Sika , Fillaciano Bianco, Corynth, Souadi, Acciano Purple, LSU Tiger, LSU Red, Cajun Gold, BB-10 any great tasting fig

Comment

So sorry for your loss.

Vito

Comment

Sorry to hear, Pleamon.

I lost my buddy a few months ago, never easy.
                                      https://www.figbid.com/Listing/Browse?Seller=Kelby
                                      SE PA
                                      Zone 6

Comment

Very sorry for your loss, Pleamon. You gave that dog a great life and your life was enriched in return.
                                        Phil
                                        Zone 7A - Newark, DE; Zone 8A - Wilmington, NC;

Comment

Working...
                                        X