X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My trees survived the storage unit

I moved all my trees out of my storage unit and into the new house this weekend. They all seemed to have survived since the end of December through a bad winter. They were stacked right to the door. Now they are in our new house before we are moved in. The only bummer is the garage at our new house is noticeable smaller and I don't think I m going to be able to keep all my trees. They are cute when they are small, but wait until they grow up and I'm lugging 25g pots and stacking them to the ceiling, moving them basically three times this year was a bit of a wake up. On a positive note. I have more property to throw a few of them in ground not take up space in the garage.

Congrats!
    https://www.figbid.com/Listing/Browse?Seller=Kelby
    SE PA
    Zone 6

Comment

Congratulations on their survival and on your new Fig Orchard

I've also fared much better this winter that last, but all the trees were store in an attached minimally heated insulated space.
      Pete R - Hudson Valley, NY - zone 5b

Comment

That is what I will have now. My old house was a detached unheated huge concrete garage very few if any real casualties from the cold since 2010. This past year they all look good after being in a storage unit and these are trees of all sizes.

Comment

Marcus well that's that..load them up and send them to Florida
          Cutting sales on willsfigs.com started Nov 1 and will continue till about March 1.

Comment

• FMD
            FMD commented
            Editing a comment
            They have to pass through N. Florida first, so I get first pickings.

Another winter like what we are having here and I might pack it all up and come down. I Hope I'm not speaking to soon, but since they have made is through all this I'm feeling better about not keeping two duplicates of some trees.

Comment

When forced to make a choice between keeping the '71 GTO or keeping the fig trees, the answer is clear: build a second garage! ;-)
            Jim -- Central NJ, Zone 6b

Comment

Congratulations! May your harvest be abundant! Better than the last 2 years combined.
              Bob C. KC, MO Zone 6a. Wanted: Martineca Rimada, Galicia Negra, Fioroni Ruvo, De La Reina - Pons, Tauro, BFF, Sefrawi, Sbayi, Mavra Sika , Fillaciano Bianco, Corynth, Souadi, Acciano Purple, LSU Tiger, LSU Red, Cajun Gold, BB-10 any great tasting fig

Comment

Congrats on the house and the figs surviving in the Storage unit! Quite a clever idea!
                Btw if you do decide to send some trees down to Frank and Wills I volunteer to pick em up in the box truck and drive em down!!! 😉

Comment

Believe me the trees and car are staying. They were all in the unit together! Plus everything else in my garage. My one neighbor already did a double take when she saw me wheeling trees into the garage before we are moved into the house.

Comment

• drphil69
                    drphil69 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Congrats! Your neighbors may think that you are strange now, but once they taste some of your figs they will be hooked!
                Working...
                X