X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edit Feature

Is there a time limit for editing posts? Sometimes I'll re-read an older post with a typo and there won't be an option to edit.
    There must be since I'm allowed to edit this one immediately.
    Last edited by FMD; 04-11-2015, 06:39 AM. Reason: Testing
    Frank Tallahasee 8B
    North Florida Figs

Looks like it. I just revisited my first post and I don't see an edit button.
    Frank ~ zone 7a VA

Comment

atfre a wef dyas eveyrenoe has saw it aynywa! Just saying. Lol. It keeps anyone from deleting there posts is what I understand.
      Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

Yes they have, most not even that long.
        PPP
        Eatonton, GA zone 7b/8a

Comment

Frank,

Yes there is a time limit, 24 hours. If you remember the problems on the other board where certain members would go back and rewrite history by editing their posts? The time limit is to keep that from happening. If there is something serious in a post that needs changed after 24 hours a moderator would be happy to help with it.
          Cutting sales on willsfigs.com started Nov 1 and will continue till about March 1.

Comment

Having a time limit on editing also prevents members who are angry or leaving from deleting all their posts as well as entire threads - including all the posts of others who had taken their time to post their photos, thoughts and information on those threads.

On another board, I can think of at least 3 examples of relatively prolific posters who, in a moment of anger, did just that. Some of those threads were literally years old and contained valuable, interesting information. All gone forever. It was just not fair to either the fig community or to those who also had contributed to those threads.

As Wills said, if you want to change something, including thread titles, just drop a line (including the link to the thread/post) to any of the mods and we can help. If you were giving away free cuttings for example, you don't want to be getting requests forever.
            SoCal, zone 10.
            www.ourfigs.com Invite your friends.

Comment

I thought so and it makes sense...just confirming I wasn't going loopy.
              Frank Tallahasee 8B
              North Florida Figs

Comment

Originally posted by FMD View Post
                I thought so and it makes sense...just confirming I wasn't going loopy.

And how does that confirm you're not going loopy?
                Bob C. KC, MO Zone 6a. Wanted: Martineca Rimada, Galicia Negra, Fioroni Ruvo, De La Reina - Pons, Tauro, BFF, Sefrawi, Sbayi, Mavra Sika , Fillaciano Bianco, Corynth, Souadi, Acciano Purple, LSU Tiger, LSU Red, Cajun Gold, BB-10 any great tasting fig

Comment

• FMD
                  FMD commented
                  Editing a comment
                  As soon as I posted that I asked the same question, but was too lazy to edit it.
              Working...
              X