X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And how weird is that?!

So I planted it upside down. If there is a will, there is a way, I guess. Will see, never done it before.
    Attached Files
    USDA z 10a, SoCal. WL: De la Roca, Lampeira Prush, Raspberry Tart, Boysenberry Blush

Very well said greenfig. Indeed a survivor. I really hope it makes to adulthood!

Comment

I am so glad I am not alone. Just this afternoon I was checking on the last few figs in humidity bin and noticed my black mission sprouting downward. Repotted by laying it on it's side in a different container. Glad I'm with good company.
      Dave- Waterford, Ct. Zone 6a

Comment

Igor, you aren't alone. I accidentally put a RdB upside down and caught it decently quick. It was sprouting a stem at the bottom and top with no roots whatsoever. I righted it and hoped for the best. About 2 months after all that, it caught up with everyone else and is actually one of the healthier of the 4 RdB cuttings. Figs really are forgiving! Good luck.
        Alma from Maryland 7b

Comment

Now I feel better! The world is full of strange cuttings.
          I may try to help it further with this thing, many swear by it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0029O...62&sr=8-5&vs=1
          USDA z 10a, SoCal. WL: De la Roca, Lampeira Prush, Raspberry Tart, Boysenberry Blush

Comment

I'd plant it just as you're holding it. Best of luck with it.
            Bob C. KC, MO Zone 6a. Wanted: Martineca Rimada, Galicia Negra, Fioroni Ruvo, De La Reina - Pons, Tauro, BFF, Sefrawi, Sbayi, Mavra Sika , Fillaciano Bianco, Corynth, Souadi, Acciano Purple, LSU Tiger, LSU Red, Cajun Gold, BB-10 any great tasting fig

Comment

Upside down may not be all that bad. Here is a link that shows intentional upside planting in a callusing trench. After a time the cuttings will be righted and rooted in the normal manor.

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/e...Figs/figs.html
              Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

Working...
              X