X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Members who got Bi39 cutting...

Ciao My Friends,

I wonder if anyone I send Papa Bi39 cuttings too if anyone has any luck rooting ? Please let me know your cuttings status... Still hydrating ? Rooting? Rooted? In garbage?
    Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
    1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
    2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Mike, one of them has a root starting at the top of the cutting. Both are in coir. Thanks
    Last edited by FMD; 04-27-2015, 06:07 PM.
    Frank Tallahasee 8B
    North Florida Figs

Comment

At the top? Tis is weird ahaha

Comment

Mike, I've put 2 out of 3 cuttings in SIPs. The other cutting is still in a bag hydrating in coco coir until I see lenticels or roots. I have high hopes of seeing roots in the next few weeks.
        Alma from Maryland 7b

Comment

I hopes so! Please keep me updated!

Comment

All roots an no green until now. Ready to pot this baby up.
            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
            Frank Tallahasee 8B
            North Florida Figs

Comment

• Taverna78
              Taverna78 commented
              Editing a comment
              Heyyyyy!! Frank!! Great job!!! Keep going good work my friend!!

This is where mine are.
            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.
            Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

Wow that is amazing ! I hope tis works! It is mind blowing all the things we learn to do with nature.

Comment

I just saw my first green this morning....noted cutting swelling also....

Mike, They're being watched closely....
                Ross B. Santa Rosa Calif zone 9b, wish list: CdD Blanc, Igo, Palmata, Sucrette, Morroco, Galicia Negra

Comment

• Taverna78
                  Taverna78 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  She is strong tree. If you have not yet look at the story thread. I post photo of one little leaf is growing out of cut off trunks

• rusty hooks
                  rusty hooks commented
                  Editing a comment
                  2 with strong roots this am.....the battles not won yet....but it's a very strong start....

I saw the buds...congrats......your papa should write a book about digging in the soil with his hands to feel the roots....
                  a substantial art in gardening....Italian Gardening I might add

• Taverna78
                  Taverna78 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wonderful hooks!! Seems like once she gets first root put out many out next few days!
                  And Grazie ! We are very happy she come back with new buds. Will be a while for it to grow as she was but at least she is back.
                  And yes. I always amaze with some of the things papa do with gardening. And when I tell him to teach me he say " I can't tell you how to know what you feel or taste but you'll know if it's good or bad" he is something else

My students and I are eagerly awaiting the first sign of roots. We have swelling buds and emerging leaves but no roots yet (that are visible)...we are starting the cutting in a clear plastic cup surrounded by a solo (red) cup to protect the roots when they finally make it to the wall of the cup. The kids are very excited and I'm confident that she'll be ready to be up-potted by the end of the school year. They (and I) are very grateful for your generosity, my friend! James

Comment

• Taverna78
                  Taverna78 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You and children are very very welcome James! I am so happy they are learning with Tis!
                  Maybe (depend on your mix in cup) a heat mat under cup may speed up the rooting process so they not have to wait to end of year to see in pot I have best result in long smag moss to root then Into cup and keep about 1 inch above heat mat. Normally from fresh or dormant cutting with Tis way take 2 week for great root and 2 week in cup for nice leafs. But everyone have different method. I'm sure everyone on site can tip you for faster growth.

This is one week after being grafted. It is possible that it is using stored energy but time will tell.
                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
                Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

Wow!! I am so excite for you!! Unreal my friend!!

Comment

Well here is first rooted Bi39 that came back... I have 2 more with ready to pop buds
                    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I did not get any but would love to have some.
                      Mildred

Comment

My apologies Mildred. I did not have many and all I had has been sent out already. I have a few rooting and a few in cups waiting to see what happens. I have a few trades with other members once the tree is ready to ship out and may have a few extra left over. Maybe check in with me in a month and I'll see what's left

Comment

Mike,

I too would be interested in some cuttings when the time comes.
                          Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Mine rooted! Moving to a cup to stay outside. Has plenty of roots but no buds are visible, I hope some are still left.
                            Attached Files
                            USDA z 10a, SoCal. WL: De la Roca, Lampeira Prush, Raspberry Tart, Boysenberry Blush

Comment

• Taverna78
                              Taverna78 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              BELLE!!!!! Congratulations!! Is tis dip n gro?

• greenfig
                              greenfig commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Yes, I dipped it in a diluted mixture, rooted in a paper towel and finished in a box with coco

• Taverna78
                              Taverna78 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Wonderful !
                              congratulations

When I come home from work tis evening I will see what I have after I count up my growing cuttings that I've promised to a few members in trade for one of their trees and I will post what is left. Being the main tree has survived I have no need for any cutting or trees. I will just wait till she grows for me. A few member suggest I auction the rest but I feel bad to do it. I rather give as gift or give as trade. There are very generous members in tis site and I not want to take for granted.

Comment

Here is where I should have placed my updates lol here are some shots of the papa Bi39
                              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Ok once my trade trees go out I will have 7-10 rooted, budding/leafing Bi39 trees left. It is up to you if you want them shipped right away as small as they are or I can grow them a bit if you think the small size won't ship well. It's entirely up to you. If you have an extra of anything let me know And maybe we can work something out.
                                I really would like an established Italian 258. I failed cuttings but hear they are wonderful fruits.

Comment

Update....
                                  You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
                                  Frank Tallahasee 8B
                                  North Florida Figs

Comment

Wonderful Frank!! Congratulation my friend!!

Comment

Working...
                                    X