X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• apache011-2

Oops, a month ago I purchased Texas Blue Giant and Mission fig cuttings from apacheo11-2 off ebay. Delivery was fast. The cuttings are now in clear 18oz cups with leaves going to town. Now I have concerns.

I checked the trusted vendors list and noticed apache011-2 was not on it. Silence is not always a yes or a no.

Could someone please PM me as why this vendor is not on our list?

Thanks

Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

The list is only forum members.
    https://www.figbid.com/Listing/Browse?Seller=Kelby
    SE PA
    Zone 6

Comment

It will take years before we know whether the figs he ships are true to variety or not. A few people have ordered from him and have had cuttings arrive in good shape and on time. Only when those figs turn out to be true to type will he be eligible for the trusted list.
      Bob C. KC, MO Zone 6a. Wanted: Martineca Rimada, Galicia Negra, Fioroni Ruvo, De La Reina - Pons, Tauro, BFF, Sefrawi, Sbayi, Mavra Sika , Fillaciano Bianco, Corynth, Souadi, Acciano Purple, LSU Tiger, LSU Red, Cajun Gold, BB-10 any great tasting fig

Comment

That explains it.

Thanks
        Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

I did order some black mission from an Apache-something last year and the figs grew very vigorously, but none had ripened by the end of the season. I think I will find out this year.
          Brian
          Carolina Zone 7b/8a Wanted: Col De Dame

Comment

As previously posted in my thread, I had a good transaction with him, now I have had two good transactions (Texas Blue Giant, Black Mission) with Apache011-2, good transactions, good service, nice cuttings. Will they be true to type? we will see, if they are not, I will report it factually.

I wonder how many people would be able to look at the Texas Blue Giant that will come from these cuttings and accurately determine if it was true to type, they are not real common, I can, because I already have one.
            Wish List - Any LSU fig

Comment

• AscPete
              AscPete commented
              Editing a comment
              IMO, that's part of the reason for the vendor's list... They've posted their pictures of their trees, leaves and figs for comparison to the buyer's future results.

Good point
            Wish List - Any LSU fig

Comment

Any update? Just purchased a few cuttings from her.
              WL : Regatta Rosso, Unk Pastilliere, Black Algier, Cipolla, Hative d'Argentieull, Reina de Malaga, Ascoli Piceno

Comment

I ordered my Peter's Honey and Flanders cuttings from them, I'm no fig expert but they look more or less like the pics they have up.

Peter's Honey

Click image for larger version  Name:	20160917_143227.jpg Views:	0 Size:	30.8 KB ID:	461473

Flanders

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180714_122638.jpg Views:	0 Size:	36.2 KB ID:	461474
                San Jose CA, Zone 9b

Comment

Thanks. Will post my findings in a year
                  WL : Regatta Rosso, Unk Pastilliere, Black Algier, Cipolla, Hative d'Argentieull, Reina de Malaga, Ascoli Piceno

Comment

i got a peters honey from him. i got 2 cuttings. i made 4 cuttings from the 2 they have all rooted and are out in the yard in pots. if they are true to type one will go in the fig orchard and the others will go to the farmers market. if not and the figs are great i will keep one and sell the others as unknown. but at a really low price like brown turkey low lol.
                    Central FL Zone 9B

Comment

While it has yet to fruit, the leaves of the vdb I got from them seem true to type

Click image for larger version  Name:	BDE161E6-73D1-415D-BE0A-30288CF83063.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	120.4 KB ID:	461857
                      Last edited by Iqyax; 02-16-2019, 05:19 PM.
                      Peter - Orange County, Ca zone 10b
                      Wishlist: black zadar, bnr

Comment

I purchased cuttings from them several years ago and all grew, have fruited, and are true to type. I have Peter's Honey, VDB and Brown Turkey.
                        SE MI, zone 6a Current wish list: Fewer gnats, more roots this winter.

Comment

Thank you for posting, as I too have purchased several cuttings from Apache011-2. It is reassuring to know that others have ordered and they have been true to type!

Comment

I purchased the large black mission cuttings from Apache011-2 about two months ago. They started out well in fig pops, but then wilted and died. It was most likely my own fault. I emailed him yesterday to say that they started well, but wilted and died, and did he have any more for sale. He replied that he is going to send me a replacement free of charge and hoped they would do better.

If anyone has any doubts about this seller, I think this shows real character and I would easily trust him if I see any other listings under his name that look interesting.
                            Zone 7B/8A Wake Forest, NC. Wish list - 1. To stop murdering fig cuttings. 2. To find the biggest, juiciest, cold hardiest, most delicious common fig in the world! (and not murder it)

Comment

Michael that was really cool of him
                              Central FL Zone 9B

Comment

I ordered some LSU Purple cutting in Dec. and they are doing well. I think you can trust them. I wouod purchase from him again.👍
                                Newbie, Central Jersey, looking forward to first crop of figshttps://www.ourfigs.com/core/images/smilies/cool.png.
                                WL: CLBC, CC, BM KK.

Comment

I purchased from them earlier this month. The Lattarola cuttings had lichen/mood on them but all others were good.

I did have to scrub these cuttings more than cuttings from members on here.

Comment

I purchased from him and he was recommended to me by a trusted member of WTF Facebook forum.
                                    WL 2019: WM #1, Bordisott Negra Rimada,Cdd Mutante, Rigato Del Salento,
                                    Central TX 8b

Comment

I too have purchased from him and received the cuttings. The cuttings seemed like they had been stored too long and had dehydrated in storage. I contacted him after I was unsuccessful in rooting them and he sent three more cuttings free of charge. They were in much better condition. Those rooted and were successfully moved outside where they later died as a result of something I did... I would buy from him again.
                                      Chowchilla CA
                                      Central California Zone 9A

Comment

Working...
                                      X