X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Input for moving cutting cups

Ciao everyone ,
    I have to move my rooting bins and bins with cupped growing cuttings from my home to my farm (20 mile from home) because my basement and garage is starting to look like nursery and my wife has been patient but patients are running thin and I say again she is full blood Italian woman. Very good with butcher knife and either I clean up home or she start swinging...
    But I think move is good because at farm shop I have a boiler room that stays constant 70-90 degree F. And very humid I have rooting bins in there that have done perfect with no heat mat or anything. Just sit there. We still have 2 month to go before steady summer weather so no outside yet. So my plan to put all my bins in boiler room with new T5 8bulb light system over cupped and few 1 gal trees. (I put fan to circulate air in room too)
    My question is Tis.

1) my jeep pretty bumpy. Will moving bins/cups around too much disrupt the roots in cups and harm cutting?

2) right now I have all bins at my house in room temp (70F) with heat mat under them cause I read bottom heat good for roots... When I get in warmer boiler room should I still use mats or too hot?

3) forget boiler room for rooted sprouted cupped cutting and just keep in shop office in spare room temp room and keep heat mats?

Grazie
    Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
    1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
    2) This weeks ebay auctions.

You might want to put the cutting bins on a blanket or pillows to cushion the jeep ride. Why take chances?
    As for the boiler room, it sounds like a great place for cuttings. I don't think you would need a heat mat. But the room could be at different humidity levels and may be better or worse for the cuttings and plants. My basement made all my cuttings mold. Once I put them upstairs in the living area, they've done great ever since.
    If you are having great success with your current setup and heat mat, I would stick to that. Or you could put a few in the boiler room and monitor them for a few days. I hope it works out for you.
    Frank ~ zone 7a VA

Comment

Yes I think same. Humidity is not as high as in bin and I guess if not broke don't fix? Ha!
      Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
      1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
      2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

Working...
      X