X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 10 fig

LSU Red is a very delicious fig........complex flavor,with a hint of berry mixed in with the sweetness of Celeste,the best of both worlds.Also for extras,does not split in heavy rains .
    Brian
    Chackbay LA Zone 9A

My LSU Red will fruit for the first time on second year wood. I am going to have the chance to taste LSU St.Gabriel, O'Rourke, Thibodeaux, Tiger, Champagne, Gold, Scotts Yellow and Black this season. RdB is still one of my top tasting figs.

Wishing for a LSU Late Black. PM me if you have a figlet. 😉

Comment

• CliffH
      CliffH commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought that i had read that Scott's Black and Late Black were the same fig? Are they the same?

What else is on your top 10 list down there in Cajun Country?

Comment

Cliff, if my readings about LSUs are up
      to date - Scotts Black and Black are the same. LSU Late Black is different. My Late Black decided on its on to die...so it did before I could compare it to the other Blacks. Someone correct me if I am mistaken.

Comment

Just went back to Dan/Kingfigs posts on the other forum. The LSU fig guru that he is denotes three LSU Black figs - Scott's, Saint Gabriel and Late Black. In the same thread Dan states that Scott's Black and Black are the same. Good case of unauthorized plants with attached names. I hope this helps.

Comment

• CliffH
          CliffH commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks.

i find the LSU Red to be a mix in between the Tiger and the O'rourke

Comment

• wellingtonbill
          wellingtonbill commented
          Editing a comment
          I have figs on all three LSUs. It will be great to compare them. Thanks for the input or comparison.😄

The key identifier of the LSU Scott's Black is the red interior, if it is not red inside it is not a Scott's Black. Good fig!!
        Wish List - Any LSU fig

Comment

Another top ten IMO,would be the LSU White Honey ,large sweet honey fig,plant is vigorous grower and very productive .
          Brian
          Chackbay LA Zone 9A

Comment

• Lance
            Lance commented
            Editing a comment
            Kinda has that CDD neck

Brian, how would you describe the growth vigor of LSU Red? Thanks.

Comment

Hello Allen,from my experience with the LSU Red,very hard to root, slow grower,it has to be pampered or you will lose it,but I think its worth the trouble cause the fig is that good.
            Brian
            Chackbay LA Zone 9A

Comment

They are a very pretty fig.

Comment

Working...
              X