X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to contact Dan the LSU fig man

I tried his blog but it tells me I need an invitation and to contact the author but gives no reference on how to contact.

I want to purchast true O'Rourke, Smith and Hollier fig plants.
    Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Smith you can get at Justfruit and exotics in Fl. Nice trees. Or you can wait a bit and I can do an air layer for you off of one of mine.
    Jeff in 6a

Comment

Dan does not sell. Nor does he trade, except for something exceptional or rare. Don't bet on any response.
      Rafael
      Zone 10b, Miami, FL

Comment

I think Edible Landscaping has O'Rourke.
        Arne - Northern NJ - Zone 6A

Comment

• AscPete
          AscPete commented
          Editing a comment
          Their "O'Rourke" is actually an LSU Improved Celeste (Hybrid)...

You can get all three from JF&E, they will resume shipping in October. I have their O'Rourke and it is true when I compare to posted leaves by others.
        Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I may have to wait until Oct.
          Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

I'm going to be ordering Smith and others from them in October myself.... unless of course I swing a trip down there and pick some up in person.
            Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

If you want to see any of the pages on his blog just click the down arrow next to the Google search result and then click on "cached". Take with a grain of salt.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2015-05-04 16:26:42.png
Views:	3
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	17836

Comment

I bought my Hollier from Rolling River Nursery a few months ago. It arrived as a large plant around four feet tall, was planted in a five gallon pot, and has branched out nicely. Their website says they still have four plants in stock.
                Mara, Southern California,
                Climate Zone: 1990=9b 2012= 10a 2020=?

Comment

Working...
                X