X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new version of an old thing? Not really.

I'm sure there has to be someone who has done this. It was pretty easy and everything was at hand. I broke a useless shoot off of my Bataglia, removed all but the top 2 leaves, and pinned inside on the fish tank. Took about 2 minutes. I put it in a small pot with potting soil and a baggy on top a few days ago and so far all seems good.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150503_105747.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	222.4 KB
ID:	17950
    Calvin, Wish list is to finish working on the new house, someday.
    Bored? Grab a rake, paint roller, or a cordless drill and come over!

That almost seems to easy Calvin. I'm liking it!
    Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

I only did it a couple times, but I've had really good luck with green cuttings like that.
      https://www.figbid.com/Listing/Browse?Seller=Kelby
      SE PA
      Zone 6

Comment

I should add that it was in the fish tank for about 2 weeks before those roots sprouted.
        Calvin, Wish list is to finish working on the new house, someday.
        Bored? Grab a rake, paint roller, or a cordless drill and come over!

Comment

Oh wow, I love that idea too!

What kind of fish do you have in there? I do something similar in one of our fishtanks with pothos vine (house plant), but only because it is the only plant my goldfish seems to leave alone.
          Coastal SoCal/ USDA Zone 10b / Sunset 22 / AHS Heat zone 2

Comment

Two weeks seems pretty fast, and there is plenty of nutrients in the water for the fig to feed off of.

I see an angelfish staring at us, I don't see any others n the pic.
            Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

• cis4elk
              cis4elk commented
              Editing a comment
              It's possible it could have been 3 weeks I wasn't really counting, just meaning to point out that it was in the tank for a while. It did go fairly fast though.
              Let's see, I have a pleco, a couple bottom feeder catfish, 2 Norte cichlids, I just finally got my Electric Blue Jack Dempsey on Saturday, and of course there is "Goldie" the Angle fish.
          Working...
          X