• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm, I wonder how much is too much.
    Frank Tallahasee 8B
    North Florida Figs

Comment

Might as well lick a toad or frog while your at it.... What can it hurt?
      Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

• Darkman
        Darkman commented
        Editing a comment
        I arrested a guy one time that had a lizard in his mouth. He was really pissed when I told him the lizard wasn't going to jail with him. I believer he was under some sort of non prescription drug influence.

• Hershell
        Hershell commented
        Editing a comment
        Do you really think that. Lol

I grow angel trumpets but not the annual one. That is the one that they use as I understand. I have grown them but don't like having to replant them every year. I was just kidding Fabio.
      Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

Mine are perennial and come in yellow, white and peach. Winter kill to the ground but come back, grow about eight feet tall and bloom well. White seem to grow best with peach the least vigorous.

Hershell which ones are annuals?
        Darkman AKA Charles in Pensacola South of I-10 zone 8b/9a

Comment

• Hershell
          Hershell commented
          Editing a comment
          The annuals come in white and purple. Beautiful and double, the flowers point to the side so they are easy to see and make a large seed pod. The perennial flowers hand straight down so they aren't as easy to view but they smell good.

So these flower root will survive zone 5 winter and they will come back every year ? I think they are belle and my wife want some because she was told they attract humming bird which she love tis bird.
        I have enough habit. I don't need to start eat flower and lick frogs ahaha
        Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
        1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
        2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

• Hershell
          Hershell commented
          Editing a comment
          Fabio. I grow Porter weed to attract humming birds. It would be an annual for you but well worth growing. It roots easy but is difficult to find at nurseries. Red is the best foe humming birds then purple and then blue.

Don't not eat flowers, many are edible and very tasty, others are edible and not so tasty. Regardless, they are always worth trying.

http://homecooking.about.com/library.../blflowers.htm Here is a good list.
        Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

• Taverna78
          Taverna78 commented
          Editing a comment
          My friend these flower are not to eat and to have to extract all drug from flower just to eat flower for me is not worth the time. I would suggest against eating angel trumpet.

• Taverna78
          Taverna78 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hershel I look tis flower on Google. Belle! I would love to grow for my wife birds but I am afraid I may not have room. I live in townhome and can only plant in flower bed. Which is pretty jammed as it is. I buy red waves this year. They work well last year for humming bird. I even make a friend with humming bird moth I look for photo to post.

There are humming birds at my Porter weed every day now. There was one in the greenhous close to dusk at the Porter weed. They love it. I try to take pictures but there too fast and just hard to see.
        Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

It's not much to look at but the birds shure like it. Luckily it's not taking up fig room for me.
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Working...
            X