X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noire De Barbentane

This one I have had for quite a while now an just now fruiting. Hope the wait was worth it.
    I am optimistic about this one.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.

My second year Violette de Sollies which is related to this one. I was so impressed with the flavor of VDS and had to find a spot for it in the ground in my yard. I am currently rooting a Bourjassotte Black after I was told that it was more productive than VDS. I heard that NDB ripens two week earlier than the BB. Someday I would like to be able to compare all these three side by side just to see if I could detect any real difference in taste.
    Sas North Austin, TX Zone 8B

Comment

After reading many reports on Bourjasotte de Noir on Figs4Fun, I thought Viloette De Sollies is the exact same fig...but no relation to Noir de Barbentine.

Comment

Violette de Sollies comes from a specific area of France and is used for commercial purposes mainly.
        These three are closely related but not the same fig. That's one of the reasons that I'm trying to compare them.

Comment

The wife and I will be staying in Provence this summer for 3 weeks near the Sollies area. Figues, regardez vous!
          Frank Tallahasee 8B
          North Florida Figs

Comment

• Harborseal
            Harborseal commented
            Editing a comment
            Can we buy a subscription to your fig travels? Surely you have time for 2 days in Greece and 1 in the Alps

@Frank are you going there? http://www.fetedelafigue.fr/
          Enjoy your trip...

Comment

• FMD
            FMD commented
            Editing a comment
            In researching what to do in Provence, the fig festival came up prominently, unfortunately we will be there in late June/early July. Poor me!

I have two of these starting, hoping they grow well this year and produce next year!
          Youtube: PA Figs eBay: tdepoala
          Wishlist: Galicia Negra, Paritjal Rimada, Black Ischia UCD

Comment

This has been a fast grower for me and, if I recall correctly, fruit is forming now in its second year. Hope yours ripen well, Rafed!
            My fig photos <> My fig cuttings (starts late January) <> My Youtube Videos

Comment

Harvey,

Everyone that I know that has it says the same thing about its' growth speed.
              Have you ever tried it?

Comment

• HarveyC
                HarveyC commented
                Editing a comment
                Not yet, this will be the first year for me (I hope).
            Working...
            X