X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snaglpus
    replied
    I have a confession! I think the main reason the roots on this tree are so strong is because I've been feeding it General Hydroponics Floralicious Plus. As soon as I brought it out of the garage, I started feeding it this stuff once a week and KABOOM! It just took off and the roots did not want to let go!

Leave a comment:

• Chrisk
    replied
    Very nice Tony.

Leave a comment:

• mountainfigs
    replied
    Unknown Italian White SX #2, one year old:
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Leave a comment:

• Chrisk
    replied
    JV's Italian white SX aka "Rocky Balboa" of fig world! Cool story and a Nice looking tree Dennis. JV didn't give you any details on it?

Leave a comment:

• Rui
    replied
    Dennis, I don't know the variety, but I have to say - don't let that Californian octopus touch anything that looks like soil.
    Thirsty beast!

Leave a comment:

• mountainfigs
    replied
    Dennis, I have Unknown Italian White SX #2 from JV. Exactly the same as yours, not sure?

Won it as a cutting in a multi-variety auction a little over a year ago, I think. It has rooted and grown well without my taking any special care of it. I should photo it tomorrow. Don't know about figlets. It probably reached a strong 3 feet last year as a rooted cutting. I pruned it slightly, is now in 7 gallon pot and on the verge of being embedded in ground in pot. Don't know what to expect of it but seems plenty healthy and strong.
    Last edited by mountainfigs; 05-11-2015, 01:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Snaglpus
    started a topic JV's Italian White SX

JV's Italian White SX

Good day, I have on story to tell about this tree. I got it tree from JV last year--late in the season. I winterized it inside my garage. It was in a small one gallon pot. This year, I potted up in a 3g SWP pot. Well, over the last 2 weeks, this tree was soaking up water daily! Finally, I decided to repot it. I grabbed it and tapped the pot and it did not move. I tried shaking it and nothing. I tried pulling it and nothing! I was getting pissed! I placed the pot between my legs and pulled. NOTHING! It's like the tree was super glued in the pot! Ok. Now, I'm mad! I sat on the tailgate of my truck and placed both feet on the pot and pulled as hard as I could! It took me 2 minutes to get that sucker out of the pot! And both were bone dry....the pot and the tree! This tree is growing fast! But I've never had a tree be this difficult to get out of a pot! Go figure! Anyway, does anyone else have this tree? Mine has little fig bumps so I'll get figs this year but wow! What a tough little tree? I'm curious how the figs look so if anyone has this fig, pls post some pics. thanks,
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
Working...
X