X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acciano 2017

Man I love this fig. It is a little late, and with my season everything is about 2 weeks late this year. I hope I get the main crop to ripen, in the future..when I can I will give it an early start.

These are breba. Not a strong flavor, but just absolutely delicious. Sweet with slight fig, slight honey, sorta viscous, no noticeable acidity, and no melon flavors, but just plain delicious. Skin is tender, closest flavor(not same but closest) I can think of is white nectarine, but again no acid.

Breba, my biggest figs I have grown to date.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20170825_184715.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	205.0 KB
ID:	188694Click image for larger version

Name:	20170825_184915.jpg
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	188696Click image for larger version

Name:	20170825_184859.jpg
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	188699Click image for larger version

Name:	20170825_184939.jpg
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	188697Click image for larger version

Name:	20170825_190001.jpg
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	188695Click image for larger version

Name:	20170825_190156(1).jpg
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	188698

Since this isn't a well known fig yet, I thought I would give it it's own post. Hopefully I can compare with Aldo's main crop this fall.
    Attached Files
    Calvin, Wish list is to finish working on the new house, someday.
    Bored? Grab a rake, paint roller, or a cordless drill and come over!

I'm not sure why the pics didn't come through as thumbnails? It's what I selected. Oh well.

Comment

I just started cuttings a few weeks ago with no real idea about the tree. I'm very glad you posted about it Calvin now I'm really looking forward to it, those figs are HUGE!!

Seems to do very well at our altitudes.
      Last edited by COGardener; 08-26-2017, 07:30 PM.
      Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

A very nice skin colour.
        Tony
        Toronto Canada USDA zone 4B

Comment

Scott, you are in for a treat.This variety can produce great figs. Mine is 5 years old or so

Comment

Awesome!!! I sure hope they take!!!
            Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

Thanks for posting! I have one that is starting to ripen and I can't wait to taste it!!! It will be my first ever from this tree.

Comment

Be patient, it takes it's time ripening. It's good when it's soft up to the neck. It holds really tight and can be tough to pick clean without tearing the fig or damaging the tree.

Comment

Originally posted by cis4elk View Post
                    Be patient, it takes it's time ripening. It's good when it's soft up to the neck. It holds really tight and can be tough to pick clean without tearing the fig or damaging the tree.
                    Oh my God I can't wait!!!

I have a rookie question. I hear you're not supposed to water when figs are ripening or the figs will taste watery but the soil looks dry. What should I do? Water a little bit or hold off longer?

Comment

• cis4elk
                      cis4elk commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Looking good! I suppose it depends on your rainfall and humidity. Here, it has been dry and the air is dry. I water every night, I've never had problems with watered down figs unless we have been getting tons of rain.
                  Working...
                  X