X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Ponte Tresa

Despite of all the rain we have been having,no splitting ,its still a great tasting fig.I believe it will take a long and hot growing season for this fig to ripen.......
    Brian
    Chackbay LA Zone 9A

Finally someone has got a ripe one. Is it worth all the hype?
    wish list: Colonel Littman's Black Cross

Comment

I definitely think so........
      Brian
      Chackbay LA Zone 9A

Comment

Brian, thanks for posting. How old is your tree? I have had problems with fruit drop and am wondering if it goes away with maturity or whether there are other factors.
        Steve
        D-i-c-k-e-r-s-o-n, MD; zone 7a
        WL: Zaffiro, Black Donov, Izmir Texas Peach, Campaniere, St. Martin

Comment

This fig tree was a cutting last year,it grew very fast this year with lots of figs,I observed that the figs formed very early in the spring and has taken a very long time to ripen and yes some fruit drop did occurred also.......
          Brian
          Chackbay LA Zone 9A

Comment

Looks pretty syrupy. Thanks for sharing.

Can you describe the taste? Berry, melon, figgy, honey??

Comment

• arachyd
              arachyd commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, please describe the taste. The pictures show a lovely fig. Thank you for sharing.

Looks good. That's unfortunate that it may be a late season fig. If it is just now ripening for you, I'm not sure that it would have time here.
            Don - OH Zone 5b/6a

Wish list: @Your favorite fig and Craven's Craving, Izmir, Galicia Negra, Thermalito

Comment

Well,taste is like no other fig I have tasted.......complex taste with melon overtones that linger for a while ,after taste is gone, you are definitely looking for another one!
              Brian
              Chackbay LA Zone 9A

Comment

Time will tell how late, or better yet, how early it will ripen next season. When they're this young, their cycles and maturation patterns are not reliable predictors. I have a few figs that are still very young and ripening figs that not only taste blah but I can't tell if they are brebas or main crop figs yet.
                Thank you for posting the nice photos.

Comment

my 1st Ponte Tresa from Frank
                  I have 2 other PT from 2 other members ✌️

Comment

Such a beautiful fig.
                    Zone 10b, Coastal. Wish List: Aurora, Deos Negra, Siggiu Russo, Mendeza, Ischia Black, Boreal, Sodus Sicilian, Sangue Dolce, Col Lit BC; Long Yellow

Comment

Working...
                    X