X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why tis happening? How to fix?

Most all these tree come from Florida and hot climate. I in zone 5. They hardened in the birth place and shipped to me. I put in direct sun only for 3 hour per day. No over water or underwater. What is tis and how I fix?

Grazie my friends
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 6 photos.
    Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
    1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
    2) This weeks ebay auctions.

They look fine to me, several of mine did the same thing, they are just adjusting to their new home. The new leaves coming out look perfect.
    Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

My trees from Florida did the same thing. I think the humidity adjustment is to blame. The new growth on mine is fine though.
      Youtube: PA Figs eBay: tdepoala
      Wishlist: Galicia Negra, Paritjal Rimada, Black Ischia UCD

Comment

Ah! Grazie !

I read post early about leaf rust and see same tree as mine with fig no leaf and I worry. But I listen to yous. Grazie

Comment

Looks like minor sunburn. Do they get morning sun? It looks like maybe dew drops concentrated the sun causing spotted sun burn. If that's the case they will be fine, leave them where they are.
          Phil
          Zone 7A - Newark, DE; Zone 8A - Wilmington, NC;

Comment

They do get morning sun from 6am-11am the no direct sunlight. I still not understand tho if these trees came from sun all day in Florida and were hardened off there. They were only in shipping box for few day and then in my garage under grow lights for maybe month because was too cold to keep out side. Do the have too "re acclimate to the light"?

I wish we all could invent sunblock spray for existing leafs. Then we could just spray on and put in full sun right away and not have to mess around.

Comment

• COGardener
              COGardener commented
              Editing a comment
              They were most likely in a green house in Florida which is filtered light. Additionally, the drop in humidity plays a large factor like pulling a rooted cutting from a humidity chamber and watching it dry out.

And yes they got soft under the artificial light, they will need to be hardened off again.

Yes a month in the garage would require you to reharden them off.
            Jeff in 6a

Comment

Ok now I do yoyo game with pots. In out in out in out ahahaha

I have in spot that gets morning sunlight 5 hour. I think is ok here

Comment

They look fine to me. The new leaves should be beautiful and acclimated.
                USDA Zone 9b Wish list: Abruzzi, Pasquale, Filacciano, Tagliacozzo, Zingarella, Godfather. Any, including unknowns, from Abruzzo, Italy.

Comment

Working...
                X