This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greenfin again: I am baffled, bewildered and a bit POed!

I received this email just a few hours ago from James/Greenfin FigCuttings.com <[email protected] He is selling trees - get this - overstock - Two plants shipped for $60.00s. The email is large and has donate buttons on it. This sure is getting weirder by the year. Ha Ha, not! This is just an FYI.

You think if I send him a PayPal bill for what he owes me he will pay it? Hahaha
    WL: ALL GREEK FIG https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk

Comment

I received the same email.... amazing, isn't it? lol....
      Tony - Zone 6A
      WL- Good Health, a 60 lb Striped Bass, a Boone and Crockett Typical Buck, bushels of ripe Black Madeira figs, bushels of ripe Hachiya and other tasty Diospyros Kaki Persimmons

Comment

I didn't get one

Comment

People used to make money by putting ads in the paper saying, "This is your last chance to donate a dollar.
          Please send to the following address."
          It worked numerous times in the Washington Post, etc.
          So maybe he's counting on the kind of blind gullibility the masses can exhibit.
          As I don't owe him and he doesn't owe me any any money and I did not get an email, I appreciate the info as this has been a really strange set of actions this guy has taken.

Has anyone gotten a refund or their plants?

Has anyone driven out there with a baseball bat?

Comment

I'm still waiting for any response!!

Comment

Wow........talk about rubbing salt in the wounds........geez
              Cutting sales will continue until approx February 15th.

Comment

Incredible!

Click image for larger version

Name:	mv5a_f-maxage-0.gif
Views:	8
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	194043
                Wendy - zone 6b - Central Kentucky .....My Fig List
                WL - Bass' Favorite, Bordissot Negra Rimada

Comment

Mike, I asked for and received full refunds on the cuttings orders I had put in... it made no sense to wait for cuttings so I asked for the refund and acquired the variety cuttings from other sources. I had an order for some plants like Martinenca Rimada, GN AF, Bass's favorite and a few others which I left in place just in case lightening struck and he actually shipped plants.... All in all... I guess I can't complain but I certainly feel bad for folks who didn't ask for refunds early on since that avenue has now dried up....
                  Tony - Zone 6A
                  WL- Good Health, a 60 lb Striped Bass, a Boone and Crockett Typical Buck, bushels of ripe Black Madeira figs, bushels of ripe Hachiya and other tasty Diospyros Kaki Persimmons

Comment

i asked for a refund months ago...no reply at all.. I'm upset with pay pal just as much as him at this point...they knew he had taken money and promised dates many times and didn't produce... pay pal helped him scam

Comment

• Nic40
                      Nic40 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I called PayPal today and told them that because of their laziness I'm half tempted to follow his business plan. Specially since they are not willing to do a damn thing to stop it. They should be ashamed of themselves. I just feel bad for people that got hit for a few hundred dollars

guess what nic ..soon as I saw this thread and posted ..my next move was going to pay pal....first I filed a grievance with pay pal and reported him as a fraud...I suggest everyone who got ripped off by this guy takes it to pay pal now..i was pretty much ready to let the 150$ go ..but this greenfin guys arrogance changed my mind

Comment

how dare this guy try to sell anything ..that's someones bought n paid for tree hes selling...

Comment

• Nic40
                        Nic40 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        He has sold the same tree 20 times already... I'm still a big fan of the idea to go to this guys farm with my receipt in hand and take what's mine. Then if he argues it call the cops

Comment

I got my money back from my credit card company.
                        Tony, Toronto Canada USDA zone 4B
                        Wishlist: Raasti

Comment

• figwood1
                          figwood1 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I just looked up what I ordered with, one was with a credit card one a bank account. The total from The two was 80 bucks. I didn't even order anything rare.

Greenfig answered some questions a few min ago on the other forum if ur dying to know

Comment

• Zuny
                          Zuny commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I think you mean greenfin. Greenfig is a different person. Their names are easily confused.
                          Last edited by Zuny; 09-13-2017, 10:26 PM.

Yes, I misspelled. About 2 hrs ago, he answered a few questions on the other forum and yes, greenfin from .figcuttings.com
                        Last edited by Courtney; 09-13-2017, 10:30 PM.

Comment

• Zuny
                          Zuny commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I completely understand. I tend to misspell things a lot myself 😊. I just wanted mention it so he doesn't get email from people dealing with greenfin.

Getting defensive isn't answering questions. C'mon you really think people wouldn't be annoyed by now?

My varieties from James in the past were to type.

Still holding out hope and he manages through the debacle stage.

Mike

Comment

It's not his fault.He is not responsible for how things worked out could of happened to anyone,nothing else he could have done,spent lots of money and did not take in any,HA,HA,HA

Comment

It's a shame that people use these forums just to make money

Comment

It is more of a shame to keep plowing this same old ground.

THIS IS A DEAD HORSE!!!

This thread will deteriorate into a personal battleground, not original thought on my part, do some searching and look at the inevitable outcome of continued discussion about this.

Where are the Moderators?
                              Wish List - Any LSU fig

Comment

• Gina
                                Gina commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Moderators are keeping an eye on it. If it deteriorates, we will deal with it the same way we have dealt with previous Greenfin threads in the past.

Many people have lost money attempting to buy from Greenfin. Since the guy apparently is selling figs again, this thread serves as a warning to anyone who might be tempted.

• wellingtonbill
                                wellingtonbill commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Hopefully so, when at least a grand portion of the money is returned to those seeking refunds or still feel duped. A wrong needs to be righted here. I just passed on information known by most yet not known by some. It appears I prodded some to seek again what is rightfully theirs.

Originally posted by mgginva View Post
                              People used to make money by putting ads in the paper saying, "This is your last chance to donate a dollar.
                              Please send to the following address."
                              It worked numerous times in the Washington Post, etc.
                              So maybe he's counting on the kind of blind gullibility the masses can exhibit.
                              As I don't owe him and he doesn't owe me any any money and I did not get an email, I appreciate the info as this has been a really strange set of actions this guy has taken.

Has anyone gotten a refund or their plants?

Has anyone driven out there with a baseball bat?
                              Yes I did get a refund on 2 orders I had placed with him. Around 500 total. I might have been one of the last ones. Glad I got it when I did.
                              Jeff in 6a

Comment

I've never commented on this topic on either forum, since I didn't want to get numerous notifications every time it was updated. It's just downright bizarre. FWIW, I placed two minimal orders: one for plants (2015) and one for cuttings (2016). I was refunded on both and have found most of the varieties elsewhere. The plant order was weird because when I asked for the refund (summer 2016, end of week), it was immediate, but he specifically said, "You're here just in time for a refund, because I was shipping your order on Monday." Obviously, no one has received any plants. The cutting order was also immediate, but no added color.

I hope everyone gets their money or what they ordered.
                                Arne - Northern NJ - Zone 6A

Comment

Moderators - please delete this at the appropriate time.

Comment

• Gina
                                    Gina commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Unless it really deteriorates, we'd probably just lock it if necessary. It's generally unfair to delete other peoples' non-flaming posts.

This is a subject of interest to many people, and serves a purpose in the same way discussing 'trusted ebay sellers' does.

Like watching tv, if someone doesn't like the content, they don't have to turn on that channel.

why enter the thread if you don't like the title..i understand if there 's fighting ..but when theres absolutely none? ..censorship for no reason is un American...
                                  Last edited by johnmo; 09-14-2017, 03:30 PM.

Comment

• DBJohnson
                                    DBJohnson commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Some see, with some validity, that this could easily blow up and become very ugly very fast. I believe their concern is that the standards we've come to expect from the community here at OurFigs could become mired down or overwhelmed by rampant negativity that could easily erupt from this subject. It played out on another fig board to the point that a post was recently made asking where all the knowledgeable people went because they don't seem to be around anymore.

I don't see that happening here because we have active moderators to keep a rein on things. Those who express concern over what could happen here are just as valid in their concern as those who are angry about the subject being discussed. Just keep in mind that everyone here in this community want only to keep the community strong and peaceful.

I must thank you guys for the things I read. As a newbie, I read a lot and was able to avoid this mess, being caught up with the orders. Who wouldn't want to pay for those prices! I made inquiries but never ordered due to this type of conversation, that I caught wind of....I was almost a victim but u saved me!!! Thank you so much!!!

Comment

• johnmo
                                    johnmo commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    awesome cuz that's what this thread should be all about ...saving others from this.....its a service to newbies and if I had found this site just a few days earlier it would have saved me the hassle...so cheers glad the site saved one person...
                                Working...
                                X