X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GregMartin
    replied
    While I also keep telling myself "stay away from ebay...don't get more"!

Leave a comment:

• GregMartin
    replied
    Right about now I'd pay $1.25 a fig for a few perfectly ripened figs. I keep telling myself "not long now....not long now"!

Leave a comment:

• Taverna78
    commented on 's reply
    You are welcome My friend. I enjoy to read. Isn't it funny how mothers always know just by looking at different thing ahaha! And in Italia as well no skin on any fruit. I think because they have the time to sit there and peel each fig then eat once all peeled. Not me. I eat right off tree and have another one in route to my mouth before I finish swallow first one ahahahah!

• F. Bennett
    replied
    Funny story, Chris.
    It's nice to have control of our fig harvest.

Leave a comment:

• Chrisk
    replied
    A few years ago ,my mom visited from Greece and stayed with us here in Loganville for the summer. One day and while shopping at (where else?) Walmart I spotted four small plastic trays with nine very nice looking figs each in them.very similar looking to the photo Mike posted. "California Brown Turkey" read the sign. We bought them all at $4,99 a tray if I recall correctly. On the way home my mom kept looking at them and say" they sure don't look like the ones we buy at home(Greece)"and politely add,"they are nice but they look kinda dry and small" . Well try one Maa,me and mrs K replied almost simultaneously . Mom took one out of the box, peeled the skin( almost no one eats figs with the skin in Greece) took a bite and said: " I knew these are not figs" we laughed all the way home and then some. Out of all those figs only 4 or five were ripe and worthy of eating,just like Phill and Ed said! The following spring I desided to buy my first fig tree after I spotted a few other ones in my area and that's how the fever started! Lol. Not a great buy at the moment but a monumental purchase indeed !!! Thanks for waking up memories Mike!

Leave a comment:

• eboone
    replied
    And the figs there will taste very poor

Leave a comment:

• drphil69
    replied
    Yes, expensive... and probably not that good. They were likely picked early so as not to spoil during shipping. Sadly many people will think that's what a fig is supposed to taste like.

Leave a comment:

• Taverna78
    started a topic $1.25 Each fig????

$1.25 Each fig????

We are rich!! I am at Mariano's grocery store
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
Working...
X