X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panachee

Love the figs and how they taste and look!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Panachee.JPG
Views:	14
Size:	244.8 KB
ID:	19649
    USDA z 10a, SoCal. WL: Raspberry Tart, Boysenberry Blush

very nice and healthy looking plant Igor
    andreas-patras Peloponnisos Greece zone 9a

Comment

I am
      Jealous once again haha I have tis tree but too small for fruit tis year
      Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
      1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
      2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

Oh man....
        Rafael
        Zone 10b, Miami, FL

Comment

Okay Igor since you have provoked my Panachee envy, here's mine:
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
          Rafael
          Zone 10b, Miami, FL

Comment

Originally posted by Rafaelissimmo View Post
            Igor, awesome picture, congrats on a beautiful tree
            Hey Rafael, the panache fig in your current profile photo looks great
            Last edited by sppsp; 05-18-2015, 10:32 PM.
            Shailesh, Pennsylvania, ZONE 6B

Comment

Originally posted by greenfig View Post
              Love the figs and how they taste and look!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n19649[/ATTACH]
              Awesome!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rafaelissimmo View Post

And awesome!!! Thanks for sharing your success guys.

Comment

Comment

• Chrisk
                    Chrisk commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah ok.... Show offs. Am I the only one in this forum that ended up with a dead Panachee? Lol.
                    Well done Brian. Your is awesome looking as well.

That's a Panachee frenzy
                  We should compare the ripe figs when they are ready!

Comment

Ok here's mine! You guys forced my hand!

Comment

• jkuo
                      jkuo commented
                      Editing a comment
                      LOL, I think you have one the Rimadas there. The striping pattern is a bit different than a typical Panache. :-P

• Taverna78
                      Taverna78 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ahahaha!! You are fig Picasso !!

Nice, Chris!
                    I think your leaves have slightly different shape than mine

Comment

Oh ok I confess ,it's a lightly stripped PH with brebas. Blame it on the Panachee envy lol. Yall have a great night

Comment

Panache I bought yesterday from Rabbit ridge nursery.
                        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
                        New Bern NC Zone 8a ,Wish list : Col de Dame Rimada ,Galica Negra

Comment

• Rafaelissimmo
                          Rafaelissimmo commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Looks healthy, good luck w it!

I thought I read that Panache likes a lot of heat and requires a long season to ripen. Is this true, and if so how does it perform for those in the north? Us poor lowly zone 5 peeps.
                        Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

• Rafaelissimmo
                          Rafaelissimmo commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Scott I put mine in the greenhouse on 3/2 to give it the long season it needs, even so I have my concerns as it is very slow to mature fruit. Those figlets are about 1 month old. 90 more days puts us to the end of August, so I guess I will have fruit ripening before summer's end, I will keep you posted.

• COGardener
                          COGardener commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thank you Rafa, I can start them early and extend the season if needed. So I think I will give one a try, worst case I trade or gift it in a few years.

Scott

• TylerJ
                          TylerJ commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Last year mine here in ON, Canada looked like it was going to be one of the first to ripen but then they just sat there and did nothing... none swelled and none ripened before the cool fall weather came Hoping for better luck this year.

Here is my Home Depot Panache i got a month ago. Its 5 feet tall now with two figs. I hope one day it'll be productive as everybody else's......you guys have tons of figs!
                        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
                        Quy
                        SoCal, Zone 9b

Comment

Looks great Q, I bet next year it will have a great crop.
                          Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

• Q*
                            Q* commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thanks Scott! I hope so....i was thinking of air layering it in half...or in thirds....i think its too tall. Let me know in a couple of months if youre still interested in growing it. If the air layers work out well i can send you one for shipping or trade.

• COGardener
                            COGardener commented
                            Editing a comment
                            That would be great Q, let me know.

Tis is my Tiger Panache I get from HarveyC. Take advice to air layer because Is Tall and slender with wonderful top growth and only one bud starting in the first foot of the tree. I hope tis work so I can now have 2 tree😁

kills me that the belle Clown Panache you can not eat. It looks delicious ! But is hard to keep I hear

Comment

My three JF&E trees are the same, 4' tall with all of the growth at the top. I've been thinking about air layering them into two or there trees as well.

I think I'm going to wait until next year, I already have fruit started and would rather have the fruit this year.

Comment

I wish I have fruit grow on mine. But I don't think tis year.

Comment

It's early, it's still quite possible.

Comment

Taverna I would try pinching a few tips. It may possibly set fruit

Comment

For the past two years my first ripe Panache was about July 23rd, I believe, and the weather had not been particularly hot. This growing season started early but we've had much cooler than normal weather for at least the past few weeks. For some reason, that's not being talked about by most folks.
                                    My fig photos <> My fig cuttings (starts late January) <> My Youtube Videos

Comment

Harvey,
                                      I agree that the latest weather has not been discussed much in here but probably because many people outside CA/AZ finally can go outside in their shorts
                                      The summer is coming regardless of the noise we would create here, that’s for sure!

I am actually very glad to have so many cooler days. All my cuttings go straight outside from the coco bin and have enough time to get adjusted before the heat comes back.

Comment

Move here. Snow littlest night and almost 80F today!
                                        Shorts... Tis is funny....

Comment

Working...
                                        X