X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kathleen’s Black

The only cutting (came from Herman2) that did’t fruit last year but I decided to be patient !
    I hope it doesn’t disappoint. In a 4 gal pot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	KB_1.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	19651 Click image for larger version

Name:	KB_2.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	235.3 KB
ID:	19652 Click image for larger version

Name:	KB_leaf.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	19653
    USDA z 10a, SoCal. WL: Raspberry Tart, Boysenberry Blush

I heard a lot of information about this cultivar, and anyhow this is a good variety, and it's worth to wait for it.

Comment

I hope so! I pinched the plant about 3 weeks ago to push the fig formation.
      USDA z 10a, SoCal. WL: Raspberry Tart, Boysenberry Blush

Comment

• xenil
        xenil commented
        Editing a comment
        In our climate I'm doing the piching much more later at the mid of June, and I'm pinching the cuttings back at about the 8th node.

I have one rooting right now. Sounds like a winner, I sure hope I don't screw it up!
      Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Looking at the last large leaf pick. Is this fmv or just something else?
        Thanks
        Pine Prairie, LA 8B

Comment

• Rewton
          Rewton commented
          Editing a comment
          It appears to be fmv. Mine did not show fmv the first couple years I had it but then was froze to the ground after the 2013-14 winter and the new shoots that came back exhibited fmv symptoms. This past winter it was damaged almost as bad but surprisingly the leaves look healthy so far.

• greenfig
          greenfig commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, a some FMV. Fortunately , it does not effect the growth or a fig formation

• Rewton
          Rewton commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree that this variety grows robustly regardless of whether it is exhibiting fmv symptoms or not. Some say symptomatic fmv results in more sensitivity to cold damage but in southern California this is a non-issue.

Thanks for the info. I thought so but wasn't sure. Still learning and hadn't seen it here in louisiana.
        Pine Prairie, LA 8B

Comment

Working...
        X