X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT - Southeastern Fig Festival - Charlotte, NC

Good day! I will be hosting a fig gathering at my place this year for those in the local area or anyone willing to drive and visit the queen city. Gloria sponsored one last year and everyone had a great time. This year, it will be my turn.

When is it?
    It will be August 22nd from 11AM to 1 PM. This will be a great time for us to sit back and talk about figs and other plant stuff. We will play some games.

What do bring?
    Please bring figs, fig trees, fig cuttings and anything else you’d like to share. Please bring one fig tree for the white elephant game. If you want, feel free to bring a covered dish or your favorite drink. I will provide meat, veggies, dessert and drinks but you are welcome to bring something if you want. Just don’t feel obligated to bring something. The purpose of this event is for us to fellowship and put a face to a name and to start making memories!

So, if you want to attend, please send an email to snaglpus @ inbox.com. I will start a mail list and send updates to everyone. We will share email contact information so others can see who’s coming. I will send everyone my home address and contact information. We are going to have a great time so shoot me an email!
    Dennis
    Charlotte, NC /Zone 8a

Ahhhggghhhh!! Any Midwest fest ahah!
    Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
    1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
    2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

Hey guys, the attendee list is out. Check your email. The email has something I need from you.
      Dennis
      Charlotte, NC /Zone 8a

Comment

Dennis, it seems like it would take more than two hours just to get a tour of your trees! But in all seriousness it sounds like a great event and I wish I lived closer.
        Steve
        D-i-c-k-e-r-s-o-n, MD; zone 7a
        WL: Nantes Maroc

Comment

I missed this first time it posted but I will be there if at all possible.

Dennis is there something I can provide?
          Darkman AKA Charles in Pensacola South of I-10 zone 8b/9a

Comment

BUMP

Just two days away. I hope to see a bunch of you there. Heading out tomorrow noonish.

Drive safely !!!
            newnandawg 7b Newnan, GA

Comment

Same here Mike. We will be driving up on Saturday morning. We are super excited!!

Comment

Here are a few pics from yesterdays figfest. First, I would like to thank Dennis and
                his wife Jackie for opening their home up to us and hosting this event. They did a
                great job. They were both very entertaining. Jackie's impersonation of Dennis of
                eating a fig was priceless.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4835.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	182.4 KB
ID:	36501

Name:	IMG_4833.JPG
Size:	175.1 KB
ID:	36502

Name:	IMG_4838.JPG
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	36503

Name:	IMG_4836.JPG
Size:	168.8 KB
ID:	36504

Name:	IMG_4834.JPG
Size:	187.7 KB
ID:	36505

Name:	IMG_4827.JPG
Size:	168.3 KB
ID:	36506

Name:	IMG_4829.JPG
Size:	147.5 KB
ID:	36507

Last edited by newnandawg; 08-23-2015, 08:59 AM.
                newnandawg 7b Newnan, GA

Comment

Very well said Mike and thanks for taking the time to shoot and post the nice and very telling photos.
                  Dennis and Jackie are super hosts that along with all our fig friends made this an unforgettable day.
                  Good food , fun games ,lots of friends and all "them figs" ..... Hard to beat! Looking forward to the next one.
                  Dennis and Jackie,
                  Many thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X