X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can hot HOT sauce hurt a fig or leaf?

I will get these rabbit one way or another. Hell I don't even want to go in my garden because it terrible hot! I make my own repellent.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
    Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
    1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
    2) This weeks ebay auctions.

It shouldn't, the capsaicin doesn't work that way. 1.5 million Scoville heat units isn't bad, however, that is not the hottest.
    Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

I understand. And you are correct. I sad because tis hot sauce I eat a lot but I use for stupid rabbit. But I have packet of blairs 16mil reserve. I get as gift and will not try. My cullo will be very upset ahaha! I know man grow many hot pepper as ghost pepper as ghost pepper and Tartuga scorpion nice heat but not chemical.

Comment

I know a guy who made his own hot sauce spray, it took out his whole garden. I would say try it on one leaf first just to be safe

Comment

Could always put out a trap, make rabbit stew lol

Comment

• rusty hooks
            rusty hooks commented
            Editing a comment
            I told you Mike...rabbit stew....

• Taverna78
            Taverna78 commented
            Editing a comment
            You guys crazy lol

• COGardener
            COGardener commented
            Editing a comment
            No stew? Fried is good, grilled, baked, rotisserie. .....

I was reading on a garden forum,were a woman was having problems with rabbits eating flowers.
          She said, "cayenne pepper worked"
          I assume she used the finely ground cayenne pepper,sprinkled on the flowers.
          Getting the pepper dust in there eyes,nose and mouth should give the rabbit something to think about.
          New Bern NC Zone 8a ,Wish list : Col de Dame Rimada ,Galica Negra

Comment

• smatthew
            smatthew commented
            Editing a comment
            i tried that once.... my dog started eating the cayenne pepper seasoned dirt.

Sì
          Is in there too. I hope fig don't absorb spice otherwise I own hottest sweetest fig in world ahah

Comment

I grew ghost peppers last year. I dont see the need to ever grow them again. I mean tey are great and all but unless the Doctor say to me that I have a serious problem on my insides and the only cure is to eat a flame thrower or a ghost pepper than I might try one again. Otherwise I see no need.
            I made a large pot of chilli last winter. I used 1 ghost pepper and the heat was perfect. I even like things hotter than many other people I know but these are way to hot for me. I dont know aboput the flavor because I had no taste buds for a month after trying one. ...
            For my salsa I prefer serrannos. Nice flavor and I can control the heat.

Anyway back on topic, yes make some ground cayenne and that should work.
            Jeff in 6a

Comment

• COGardener
              COGardener commented
              Editing a comment
              I've got ghost chillies growing and many that are much hotter up to and including the Carolina Reaper.

Try a Tortuga scorpion or Indonesian upside down flower pepper. The ghost pepper will be like tabasco sauce to you. Once you pass these then try chemical hot. Is a new world. Much hotter and the heat Has no limits. THEN is time to rethink taste....

Comment

No healthy tho. I love the challenge

Comment

one smart bunny...

has you using your best hot sauce on his carrots

sure this is not a roadrunner
                Ross B. Santa Rosa Calif zone 9b, wish list: CdD Blanc, Igo, Palmata, Sucrette, Morroco, Galicia Negra

Comment

Ahahaha! If this works I will go broke because that hit sauce is not cheap.

Comment

Well..... That's some HOT STUFF! Ahah!
                    "I actually think it flew into the window over the garden"... Hot wings anyone?
                    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I happened to come across this website with natural insect remedies. they have a pepper spray they reccomend http://www.veggiegardener.com/12-hom...or-the-garden/

Comment

Working...
                      X