X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fracazzano Nero

Does anyone have this variety? I got it from the Russian sisters from Italy.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
    Frank Tallahasee 8B
    North Florida Figs

Not I.
    Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

Are you sure, Wills? I thought I sent you one last year.
      If not we'll just have to remedy that, won't we?
      Frank Tallahasee 8B
      North Florida Figs

Comment

I had one and lost it. Mine was growing well---so I thought. The it tuckered out and died! Go figure! Baby that dude Frank!!!! Wishing for another one day.
        Dennis
        Charlotte, NC /Zone 8a

Comment

• FMD
          FMD commented
          Editing a comment
          I've lost two others in the past. This one looks strong and should have plenty of wood to share in the fall.

Tis looks wonderful

I hope for one day
        Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
        1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
        2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

What does it taste like?
          Bob C. KC, MO Zone 6a. Wanted: Martineca Rimada, Galicia Negra, Fioroni Ruvo, De La Reina - Pons, Tauro, BFF, Sefrawi, Sbayi, Mavra Sika , Fillaciano Bianco, Corynth, Souadi, Acciano Purple, LSU Tiger, LSU Red, Cajun Gold, BB-10 any great tasting fig

Comment

• FMD
            FMD commented
            Editing a comment
            I'll let you know later this year, Bob.

Originally posted by FMD View Post
          Are you sure, Wills? I thought I sent you one last year.
          If not we'll just have to remedy that, won't we?

It isn't on my list. Well I owe you a lot more than you owe me
          Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

Hi Frank. I was growing this variety, but lost it. My experience with it is a lot like what Dennis described. I also got it from the Russian sisters in Italy. I hope to get another one some day.
            Mike
            Mike -- central NY state, zone 5a -- pauca sed matura

Comment

Originally posted by Snaglpus View Post
              I had one and lost it. Mine was growing well---so I thought. The it tuckered out and died! Go figure! Baby that dude Frank!!!! Wishing for another one day.
              I was so upset as the same thing happened to my Fracazzano Nero. I even tasted the figs that first year which were top tasting.
              My conclusion is that this variety is a super fast grower and producer but is not adapted to container gardening as it became root bound in just one season.
              This tree keeps on surprising me. After watching the whole tree drying out from top to bottom and while it still had some green( but drying )left,
              I snapped the 1 1/2 inch thick, 4ft long trunk close to the soil level in pot and sank the root ball in the ground at a wild and wet location at my river property just to see what happens. About two weeks ago, I was shocked to see new growth. I still don't expect that it will make it especially when planted in a super wet area on the property, that floods after the rain. Now I regret planting it in that location, but do not wish to touch it while actively growing.
              If it makes it this summer I will try to relocate it after it goes dormant perhaps. I will snap some photos if the tree is still alive especially after the great Texas flooding last week.

Sas North Austin, TX Zone 8B

Comment

I have to ask who are the Russian sisters from Italy?
                Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

Here's all the info and more on the sisters...
                  http://figs4funforum.websitetoolbox....post1277223830
                  Frank Tallahasee 8B
                  North Florida Figs

Comment

Working...
                  X