X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Member level

How are the member levels determined, "Junior Member" vs "Member"?
    Wish List - Any LSU fig

You gotta be awesome, like me.

It has to do with # of posts, Wills said.
    AIR LAYERS NOW AVAILABLE, SEE FIGBID OR MESSAGE ME

SE PA
    Zone 6

Comment

It's like the QBR rating in the NFL.
      Has to do with looks, size, weight, personality and the amount of posts. So far I am sitting at 112.4%

Comment

Honestly though, is it just post count? There are some big figger names here, yourself included Rafed, that all have some weight (in my mind) already because of longevity at other forums. But I like the NFL rating idea. Most completed trades, etc.
        RI Zone 6a
        Container Herder

Comment

Originally posted by PasturedFigs View Post
          Honestly though, is it just post count? There are some big figger names here, yourself included Rafed, that all have some weight (in my mind) already because of longevity at other forums. But I like the NFL rating idea. Most completed trades, etc.
          Thanks for the compliment. I was not looking at it that way. Was just having fun.

Who are you? Are you Greg?

Comment

• PasturedFigs
            PasturedFigs commented
            Editing a comment
            Kyle - I was quiet on F4F mostly and had low post count/visibility - Never saw a need to post much when the search function always worked and someone seemed to always have a problem in common with mine. Mostly use these to spread the wealth and to pick up new prospects to try. Glad to see you here.

• Rafed
            Rafed commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks, Kyle

Glad you are here too.

Originally posted by dkirtexas View Post
          How are the member levels determined, "Junior Member" vs "Member"?
          It's usually based on amount of posts and it is configured as such in Admin Control Panel. Based on my observation, once you reach 40 posts, your status will be upgraded from "Junior Member" to "Member".
          Otmani - Dallas, TX - Zone 8a
          Wish List: Col de Dame Blanche, Brogiotto Bianco, Sicilian White, Panache

Comment

I am 30 something away, maybe I will just post the word "LIKE"......LOL

Comment

Originally posted by rafed View Post
              It's like the QBR rating in the NFL.
              Has to do with looks, size, weight, personality and the amount of posts. So far I am sitting at 112.4%
              Rafed - if you could explain QBR (and you have a good one, I think), that'd be great I sometimes wonder how sports statisticians come up with this stuff...
              Arne - Northern NJ - Zone 6A

Comment

Originally posted by ako1974 View Post

Rafed - if you could explain QBR (and you have a good one, I think), that'd be great I sometimes wonder how sports statisticians come up with this stuff...
                Too complicating to explain. But here is wiki to the rescue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_Quarterback_Rating

Comment

Rafed is the Tom Brady of fig members.
                Art
                Western Pa -6a

Comment

• Rafed
                  Rafed commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Really? I thought I was better looking?

Originally posted by PasturedFigs View Post

Just post count 30-50-100-500-1000 I have not added anything for above 1000 yet. I agree with you that junior member and that sort of thing does not fit Rafed and the other people here who have so much experience but if I change some and don't change others all it does is make some people feel slighted. Honestly I think most of us here know who the knowledgeable members are anyway and the title does not mean much at all.
                Ordering Air layers will go live on the site 2/28/2019

https://Willsfigs.com OR http://willscfigs.com

Comment

• Billy
                  Billy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I agree, more important to me is the Feb 2015 join date. Years from now it shows me as one of the originals. =)

Regards,
                  billy

Originally posted by WillsC View Post

Just post count 30-50-100-500-1000 I have not added anything for above 1000 yet. I agree with you that junior member and that sort of thing does not fit Rafed and the other people here who have so much experience but if I change some and don't change others all it does is make some people feel slighted. Honestly I think most of us here know who the knowledgeable members are anyway and the title does not mean much at all.
                On the contrary, my title matters a lot. That rat did a lot of damage!
                My fig photos <> My fig cuttings (starts late January) <> My Youtube Videos

Comment

• PasturedFigs
                  PasturedFigs commented
                  Editing a comment
                  OmG bwahahahahahahahaha that Avatar pick coupled with the title! Glad you got 'em
                  Roflmaobbq

• Rafed
                  Rafed commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Harvey, your pose is doing a lot more damage. Just saying, bro.

Well I reserve the right to do custom titles for tributes, like Harvey's...or to pick on Hershell.

Comment

My goal is to remain Junior for life. In accordance with that I will start deleting my posts as I near promotion starting with this post.
                  Phil North Georgia Zone 7 Looking for: All of them, and on and on,

Comment

• jkuo
                    jkuo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You can make it your policy to only reply via comments. They apparently don't add to your post count (at least as far as I can tell). Comment all over the place and make people wonder how such a visible member is still junior.

Since its "out of the bag"...
                  Its easy to graduate to the next level...
                  Simply welcome the newcomers to the forum community
                  (you'll get there in no time)
                  Pete - Hudson Valley, NY - zone 5b

Comment

Lets not make this a whos better then another. Lets keep it clean and see whos the best fig grower!! He he ha

Comment

Now I have to look up Hershell!
                      Calvin, Wish list is to finish working on the new house, someday.
                      Bored? Grab a rake, paint roller, or a cordless drill and come over!

Comment

If I have another season like the last one my level will be utter failure.
                        Bob C. KC, MO Zone 6a. Wanted: Martineca Rimada, Galicia Negra, Fioroni Ruvo, De La Reina - Pons, Tauro, BFF, Sefrawi, Sbayi, Mavra Sika , Fillaciano Bianco, Corynth, Souadi, Acciano Purple, LSU Tiger, LSU Red, Cajun Gold, BB-10 any great tasting fig

Comment

So what are the titles for 100, 500, 1000? Something like padawan, jedi, jedi master?

Faith, family, friends and figs. (Not necessarily in that order).

Comment

Originally posted by cis4elk View Post
                            Now I have to look up Hershell!

The man, the legend....Hershell

Comment

Nice, you have to love a geodesic domes!!!
                              Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Until you build one.
                                Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

That much fun eh? Why do the directions say place part "A" on part "C" when there are not part "A's"? When I get I moved I plan to build one, I'm sure I will feel your pain then Hershell.
                                  Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Scott,

Hershell actually fabricated it from scratch with fence toprail and a hydraulic ram to flatten the ends.......

Comment

• COGardener
                                      COGardener commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Very awesome

That is one awesome green house!

Comment

Working...
                                    X