X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video I made about 'pinching'

I hope this video helps new fig growers understand what it means when we talk about 'pinching'. As I state in the video, I'm not an expert, but simply sharing what has worked for me. Thanks
    I demonstrate and explain how and why pinching is done on fig trees. I am a forum member of: figs4fun.com (figgyfrank) and ourfigs.com (F. Bennett)
    Frank ~ zone 7a VA

Nice video Frank, simple, to the point and easy to follow. Thank you.
    Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

great video, thanks
      Shailesh, Pennsylvania, ZONE 6B

Comment

Good stuff :-)
        Don - OH Zone 5b/6a Wish list: Zaffiro, Craven's Craving, Izmir/Iznot, Calderona, Campaniere, Moro de Caneva, Nerucciolo d'Elba, Izbat an Naj, Blava Campenera, Makedonia Dark, Souadi, LSU Jack Lily, Violet Sepor

Comment

Frank,
          Thanks for making and sharing the video...
          Pete R - Hudson Valley, NY - zone 5b

Comment

Frank, good job!
            newnandawg 7b Newnan, GA

Comment

Thanks for making this video. I think I will pinch a few stems to see what happens.
              Brian
              Augusta, GA

Comment

Very good Frank!
                Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.
                  Frank ~ zone 7a VA

Comment

Great job Frank!
                    Art
                    Western Pa -6a

Comment

• F. Bennett
                      F. Bennett commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks, Art.

Franky grazie! Tis make it much easy to understand. Is too bad pinch my hair will not promote new hair growth aahhahahah
                    Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
                    1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
                    2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

Very professionally done, Frank. You may have a future in broadcasting if the fig thing fades.
                      Frank Tallahasee 8B
                      North Florida Figs

Comment

Frank. Tis fig my Zio bring me 3 year ago from Italia. He say is white fig but has not fruited since I recieve it. So as you see in photo is fairly large. Should I be pinch every branch tip to force fruiting?
                        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Taverna78 View Post
                          Frank. Tis fig my Zio bring me 3 year ago from Italia. He say is white fig but has not fruited since I recieve it. So as you see in photo is fairly large. Should I be pinch every branch tip to force fruiting?
                          It looks well branched from here, but yes, I would pinch a few of the longer branches. You can always prune the dormant wood in the winter to reshape it. I hope it fruits for you.
                          Frank ~ zone 7a VA

Comment

Okay I will try

Comment

Nice presentation Frank, I recognize those Carini leaves.
                              Calvin, Wish list is to finish working on the new house, someday.
                              Bored? Grab a rake, paint roller, or a cordless drill and come over!

Comment

well done, simple and to the point

with a video voice like that you should be putting more of them together....
                                Ross B. Santa Rosa Calif zone 9b, wish list: CdD Blanc, Igo, Palmata, Sucrette, Morroco, Galicia Negra

Comment

Really well done, Frank. I try to contain my plant size, being as I winter them over in my glass porch. I can't let anything get out of control. You've shown me something new...you snap the growth off and I've been nipping it off with my nails. I can see where your method is more natural for the tree. Lesson heeded. Thanks.
                                  Windham CT zone 6a

Comment

I have been pinching tips also for a few years, but I do it only once per plant per year.
                                    Nice video.

Doug

Comment

Thanks for the video. Yesterday I pinched my old Texas White Everbearing which is 16 -20 feet in diameter and very tall. I pinched everything I could see or reach. Time will tell.
                                      Jerry, Canyon Lake TX 8b

Comment

Working...
                                      X