X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help identifying fig

This is the description of the fig given to me by a member of a FB group. I was looking for a fig that might have a taste of spice. She is willing to send me a cutting of it to share.

"This UNKNOWN fig that I bought from a nursery as either a Chicago Hardy or Monrovia Black Jack has a striking cinnamon flavor" - Awesome kind person.

It also looks dry, but was assured that it wasn't.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 5 photos.
    Proudly Serving in the United States Armed Forces, 2009-2017
    Everyone should have a green thumb

I would guess most likely Black Jack. Hardy Chicago usually doesn't have an open cavity while Black Jack generally does. Also from the taste description,I have never noticed any kind of cinnamon taste to my Hardy Chicago. Hope I helped a little.

Comment

Not a Chicago Hardy, IMO. I've got a pair of them, and those leaves are way off....all those ruffles. Neither of mine has ruffles like that around the edges.
      Brett in Athens, GA zone 7b/8a

Comment

It was suggested that it could be a Manovia Black jack, but I can't find any pictures of it.
        Proudly Serving in the United States Armed Forces, 2009-2017
        Everyone should have a green thumb

Comment

I found these photos from Monrovia. Not the best representation of the leaves, but they don't look as "ruffled" to quote Brett . I hope these help.

Windham CT zone 6a

Comment

Working...
          X