X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Another new fruit forum

There is a new Fruit and Orchard forum that has been created since the Houzz-ification of GardenWeb. The folks there tend be more tree fruit oriented, since many of us grow other things than figs (blasphemy!) I thought it would be good to share. I think several people here are over there as well, I'll be signing up shortly.

www.growingfruit.org

Thanks for letting me post this, Wills.
    https://www.figbid.com/Listing/Browse?Seller=Kelby
    SE PA
    Zone 6

I signed up there yesterday but haven't had a chance to look around too much.

I do think it's a shame what's happened to GardenWeb. I couldn't sign in and had to make up a new name, ..and their sign-up process is seriously messed up. I've never much liked the format there, but I do feel sorry for all the people, especially retired folk, who did spend a lot of time there.
    SoCal, zone 10.
    www.ourfigs.com Invite your friends.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on that Kelby
      I hated the change to Houzz
      Ed
      SW PA zone 6a

Comment

Thanks for the info, Kelby. I'll have to check that out. Also, now I am one step closer to losing my junior membership status. My dad always called me junior, and I hated it.

Comment

• Kelby
          Kelby commented
          Editing a comment
          Better post more, my man.

I cannot open the new forum for some reason. Is it up yet?

Originally posted by Kelby View Post
        There is a new Fruit and Orchard forum that has been created since the Houzz-ification of GardenWeb. The folks there tend be more tree fruit oriented, since many of us grow other things than figs (blasphemy!) I thought it would be good to share. I think several people here are over there as well, I'll be signing up shortly.

www.growingfruit.org

Thanks for letting me post this, Wills.
        USDA z 10a, SoCal. WL: De la Roca, Lampeira Prush, Bass’ Favorite Fig, Raspberry Tart, Cavaliere

Comment

• Kelby
          Kelby commented
          Editing a comment
          Hm, just type it. That link didn't work.

Thanks! Typing the URL works!
        USDA z 10a, SoCal. WL: De la Roca, Lampeira Prush, Bass’ Favorite Fig, Raspberry Tart, Cavaliere

Comment

I can see the familiar names!

Comment

Great info! Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Working...
            X