X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auction on extra cuttings to benefit ourfigs.com

As promised, an auction on all my extra cuttings to benefit ourfigs.com. Wills has done a great job on the website, and I think the least we can do is cover the costs. It is, after all, the best fig forum in the world!

Auction:
    Single lot, all cuttings go to the winner.
    Winner to pay Wills after the auction ends. Once payment is confirmed, the cuttings will be shipped to the address provided by winner via USPS Priority Mail.
    All cuttings are dormant from this past fall and winter, kept in ziplocks in the fridge. Most are from fellow members, with a few from USDA (extras). Many have had their ends waxed, and/or are wrapped in plastic wrap as well.
    While all of us try to take care in labeling cuttings that we send to others, mistakes do happen.
    While these cuttings were well cared for, there are no guarantees that they will all be viable.
    Auction will end on Sunday, June 21st, at 8 PM EST.
    If you have any other questions please post them!

Cuttings:
    Up for auction are cuttings of 11 (ELEVEN!) varieties! Name is followed by the number of cuttings of that variety.

Unknown Carini - 3
    Kodata - 4
    Alma - 6
    Attiuo G Unk. - 2
    Flanders - 3
    Magnolia - 1
    Deanna - 2
    Arnold - 1
    Galbun - 1
    Celeste - 3
    Mission - 2

LET THE BIDDING BEGIN!!
    Phil
    Zone 7A - Newark, DE; Zone 8A - Wilmington, NC;

$40.00
    Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Come on Hershell..... $45.00
      Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
      1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
      2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

I'm in $50.00 !
        Dave- Waterford, Ct. Zone 6a

Comment

Let keep this party going $51.00
          Scott - Colorado Springs, CO - Zone 4/5 (Depending on the year) - Elevation 6266ft

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison

Comment

Im late but here. 51.99
            Last edited by Hershell; 06-15-2015, 07:19 PM.
            Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

• Hershell
              Hershell commented
              Editing a comment
              A decimal is a dangerous thing for me to use. Lol

I almost did it. ... but now that you opened Pandoras box Hershell. ...

$52.02
            Last edited by COGardener; 06-15-2015, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Now I'll make it more dangerous!

$53.99

$.99 cents always lures someone in for a penny more!! Ahahahah!

Comment

Be carful Mike, you're playing with fire there!!!!

$54.01
                Last edited by COGardener; 06-15-2015, 12:09 PM.

Comment

• Taverna78
                  Taverna78 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I try to out do Hershell with $0.99" but he is professional bidder and I not paying attention to his bid. I will get you yet Funny Man😉

Looks like we have a bidding war, where's Hershell?
                Kevin (Eastern MA - Zone 5b/6a)

Comment

Where's your bid Kevin????

Comment

I'm tempted but my wife is already complaining about the number of fig trees we have and I don't think I could sneak another 20 plus by her.

I'll be bidding on Mike's tree next week. I should be able to sneak that by her.
                    Kevin (Eastern MA - Zone 5b/6a)

Comment

• Taverna78
                      Taverna78 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Could be worst. My wife triples the price that I spend on tree and she go shopping 😑

• fitzski
                      fitzski commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Very True, Mike. My wife does the same thing which is why I "hide" my new fig tree purchases now. I slipped my shipment from Petals from the Past by her a few weeks back.

• Taverna78
                      Taverna78 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ahahahaha!!! When you think as young boy that one day you will hide fig tree?!!!?

Tis is too funny!!!! I do same ahahahaha!!!!!!!

Y'all are out of your mind. Oh well 55.99
                    Nothing in the world takes the place of growing citrus till figs come along. Ray City, Ga. Zone 8 b.

Comment

• Taverna78
                      Taverna78 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      We have very good teacher and mentors ahahaha!!
                      I have some home made honey for you if you like to try. My friend got married and for wedding gifts to guest was a cork beaker tube fill with his bees honey and shavings off of the wood he use to make his hives.

Let's sweeten the pot a little who ever wins the auction for the cuttings will also receive this wonderful Longue D'aout one gallon plant free shipping.

At the end of the auction Phil can pm me the cordiences of the winner

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1091.JPG
Views:	18
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	22683

Wish List -

Comment

• drphil69
                      drphil69 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Wow, very generous!!

• Dave
                      Dave commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks Phil but I think it is more generous of Willis to dig into his pocket every month to give us a nice environment to learn about Figs

Very nice Dave!!! Very generous of you.

$58.01

Comment

By the end of the week I'm going to be exhausted stopping to chech to see what the bid is up to. Is there any way to apply for credit with Wills so I can pay it off over time?

Comment

Hershell,

Sure but you have to mail Zoey down as collateral.

Dave,
                        Very nice, thank you.
                        Cutting sales have ended for the season. Plant sales will start March 1 at 8 eastern time. If it is still too cold in your area I can hold your plants till a date of your choosing.

Comment

Uuuuh, that's ok. I'll try to come up with some cash. She's way too busy watching for intruders. Let's see,who's turn is it anyway? I really need the cuttings to add to my tree gone mad.
                          Last edited by Hershell; 06-15-2015, 05:04 PM.

Comment

This is my plans for the cuttings. And just in case I'm out bid I will have 4 little darlings to send the winner to help them with there prized figs. 58.02
                            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

• Taverna78
                              Taverna78 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Belle Hershell!!!!
                              Tis is no swim duck egg?
                              Oh you Graf tree look like willy Wonka coco factory ! 1 thing taste of 1000! You are very talent.

just a mess with Hershell, $58.03

Comment

• Hershell
                              Hershell commented
                              Editing a comment
                              That wasn't the plan.

Back to business for The Godfather...

$65.99😉usd PLUS €5 and a compliment to the added bonus! Grazie for you help Dave!

Comment

• COGardener
                              COGardener commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Man!!!! You really want these don't you Mike.

Where is everyone else? The new people trying to build the their collections should be bidding like crazy.

• Taverna78
                              Taverna78 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I need tis cutting like a Hole in my head. But member "BUTTS" help me greatly with new supplements I never use before and my fig in ground and pots are growing like crazy! I owe him something! Plus the $$ for WillsC the Godfather. He great man and mentor. Without him or the rest of his crew. We would not have tis fun now. Is for everyone.

Whow! My heads spinning

Comment

$66.00

Comment

• COGardener
                                COGardener commented
                                Editing a comment
                                That doesn't come out well in Google translate.

• Taverna78
                                Taverna78 commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Remember. Italia 7 dialect. It mean to throw your hand up in disbelief while say bad word. Common dialect " Che cazzo"

• COGardener
                                COGardener commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Those translators will never be able to pick up differences in dialect. No worries my friend, I figured something along those lines.

Hershell with those eggs you could make a nice fig omelette!
                              Wish List -

Comment

What egg is tis anyway Funny man? You see my message about honey?

Comment

• Dave
                                  Dave commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  I love honey
                              Working...
                              X