• Show
Clear All

• Kelby
    replied
    And it's snowing again.

Leave a comment:

• Willofig
    replied
    Was the coldest February on record since temperatures were recorded for Cleveland ,Ohio.
    Spring is coming soon!!!

Leave a comment:

• kubota1
    replied
    -10 this morning and that's not the wind chill.

Leave a comment:

• Tonycm
    replied
    I'm halfway between the two of you (Ed & Art) and it got down to -15F. There's going to be damage to the in ground trees for sure.

Leave a comment:

• kubota1
    replied
    Ed, What a difference a couple counties make. It was -17 at my place this morning.

Leave a comment:

• eboone
    replied
    My thermometer agreed with the forecasters, -3 F this AM. Thankful it is not worse.

Leave a comment:

• fitzski
    replied
    Only -10F last night here in Eastern MA. Over 100 inches of snow, i think the record is 107 but i'm ok with no more snow for the year.

I second Kerry's call for Spring. I had to shovel out my cold frames last weekend. They all had over 3 feet of snow on them.

All that snow was a good insulator though as the ground inside the colds frames was not frozen so they are ready for planting.

Leave a comment:

• drivewayfarmer
    replied
    It was minus 24 F last night here in central NH.
    Roughly around 80 inches of snow so far this season.
    I am ready for Spring , please !

Leave a comment:

• zone5figger
    commented on 's reply
    My thermometer read -22 F this am...thinking about my peaches.
    Well-seasoned white ash firewood and our Jotul Firelight woodstove kept it toasty inside.

• Kelby
    replied
    Man, I feel bad for you guys in New England. 1F here this morning, new record low.

Leave a comment:

• MichaelTucson
    replied
    I saw -15F on the thermometer at my house a couple of hours ago. Weather Service said the windchill was -25 to -30.

Leave a comment:

• zone5figger
    replied
    -17 with -26 windchill predicted for tonight here; stoke the woodstove and hunker down!

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...2#.VOwQKByzKsZ

Spring is one month away...

Leave a comment:

• Willofig
    replied
    -3 degrees right now going to-12 overnight on the north coast of Willowick,Ohio tonight.

Leave a comment:

• Rewton
    replied
    On the other hand Alaska is having a freakishly warm winter.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/weathe...ather/4798481/

Leave a comment:

• Yeehova
    replied
    Accuweather has long term forecasts out about a month and a half or so and they are predicting a cooler than average March early April for us. I am sure they are not super accurate this far out...

Leave a comment:

• GBIII
    replied
    -3 tonight here too..... Can't catch a break. Was able to peek at a couple of trees yesterday and they are still showing green on the tips so There remains a bit of hope....

Leave a comment:

• Tonycm
    replied
    Tonite temps are going to be anywhere from -3F to -5F. The rest of the week won't be much better, -2 to 4+.

Leave a comment:

• PepperMan
    replied
    It was around 42 today and it felt like summer. I can't wait for spring. They are calling for minus 1 Tuesday night.

Leave a comment:

• fitzski
    replied
    We had a high of 40 today so the 3-4 feet of snow pack actually melted a little. It appears spring might be coming after all ...

Leave a comment:

• Mgorski
    commented on 's reply
    Wow, that is sad to read, he has such a nice persimmon collection. Now I wish I had gotten a couple kakis from him last year.

Mike in Hanover.VA

• Rafed
    replied
    -39 (minus 39f) in Roscommon, Michigan a couple nights ago. It was 4 degrees warmer than the North Pole.
    Al Al Al (shaking my head)

Leave a comment:

• GBIII
    replied
    A balmy +2 F this morning....Almost feels a bit balmy as there isn't any wind..... :-(

Leave a comment:

• zone5figger
    replied
    A balmy -11 F this morning in Maine, going to an ice fishing derby with my 5-year old competitor later - union suit time!

Leave a comment:

• sppsp
    replied
    -5 degree F

Leave a comment:

• SharonC
    replied
    I don't know about the plants yet but the plant I work at had water pipes freeze. They found out because when our building ran water another building flooded. Everyone is wonder what we will find when things start thawing,

Leave a comment:

Working...
X