X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current EBay scammers..list

Hello my fig nuts, had a little extra time tonight and decided to check out eBay. I noticed the scammers are in full force right now and selling lots of cuttings. These are the same Russian crew that lead back to the name Ser Snit in Moscow Pennsylvania. EBay just let's them do there thing, taking your money. Here are the current scammers:

1.77Peony
    2.pots-more
    3.korina77-2008
    4.dausername1
    5.garden951
    6.robrod815
    7.Modernstylish
    8.vasyus4
    9.vasyl_svet
    10.radyslava
    11.korina-2009
    12.growgr.55
    13.bernard*sweety
    14.200rarefigtrees

If you purchased from them your cuttings will be fake. They have made a living off of scanning sellers of there trees and saying they arrived dead. They then world keep the tree and also the refund. They will show you the leaf shape in the photo but that's it. They will send you phony cuttings, sometimes not even Ficus Carica. They have cost some good sellers quite a bit of money with this scam. Hope this can help.
    Last edited by WillsC; 12-03-2017, 09:25 PM.

I hope over time between the generosity of members and wide availability of cuttings, that we will have enough supply to force the scammers out.
    -Anton, Zone 9b, Santa Clarita,CA

Comment

• ddavis
      ddavis commented
      Editing a comment
      Over time, supply and demand do puch down prices. But, there will always be some new, limited supply variety that everyone covets!

• ginamcd
      ginamcd commented
      Editing a comment
      The scammers prey on the uneducated new comer to fig growing. Unfortunately, there will always be plenty of them to go around until. The lucky few find their way here BEFORE they make a purchase.

I have bought cuttings on ebay but none from any of them.

Comment

• livetaswim06
      livetaswim06 commented
      Editing a comment
      Xena, keep checking the forum if you are looking for cuttings. People are very generous and offer them for almost free. I think many fig growers are naturally eager to share their knowledge and cuttings.

I find it so infuriating when I hear about people making money by scamming others.
    Tim-Zone 7B/Northport, Alabama

Comment

• ofon
      ofon commented
      Editing a comment
      I used to as well but now I'm used to it. Seems to be a rite of passage to this forum for many of the newbies (myself included when I first joined)

This should be a sticky.

Comment

Thanks again, Brian, for posting this oldie but goodie!
    Wish List: I need another fig tree like I need a hole in the head.

Comment

Thanks for the update. I've never been burnt on eBay, luckily. I appreciate the words of warning, especially for those who may not know about the scams.
      SE MI, zone 6a Current wish list: Fewer gnats, more roots this winter.

Comment

I know there is more than 1 Katerina. On the other forum Katerina941 got listed as the scammer, replied promptly in the forum and was determined NOT to be the scammer. I can't access the forum easily but until someone checks the name I think she shouldn't be listed yet.

Comment

• Brian M
          Brian M commented
          Editing a comment
          Edited thank you.

• Fygmalion
          Fygmalion commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, I was one of the persons that cast that stone at Katerina941.... She is not a scammer..

Apparently there's insider info and history newcomers like me missed out on.So appreciate the alert here.One question,What's meant by SER SNIT in Moscow,PA or did you misspell the last word and mean to use a H instead of the N,and maybe an I instead of an E in the first word!?
        Z8A NC SANDHILLS

WISH LIST BURGAN UNK, ZAFFIRO,

Comment

• Brian M
          Brian M commented
          Editing a comment
          Ser Snit is the ring leader. There is a group of Russian scammers. I recently posted the address. They've been reported to eBay gazillions of times for scamming. They (ebay)don't care, really. They care about the 10% they get at the end of the month. The scammers have recently been driving up prices on auctions then cancel the bids causing the seller to lose money. Just happened to Mike with the LUV cuttings. Happened too many of us. They have been trying to infiltrate the Facebook groups as
          well.

• Noah Mercy
          Noah Mercy commented
          Editing a comment
          Ser Snit = SERGEI SNITKOVSKAIA = SERGEI SNITKOVSKIY

Thank you for posting Brian!
        Zone 10b, Coastal. Wish List: Aurora, Deos Negra, Siggiu Russo, Mendeza, Ischia Black, Boreal, Sodus Sicilian, Sangue Dolce, Col Lit BC; Long Yellow

Comment

Brian, hello. I can not understand . Where do the cuttings go from Moscow? Why scammers are Russian?

Comment

• Kelby
            Kelby commented
            Editing a comment
            There's a town here in America called Moscow they apparently operate from, but they have Russian names as well.

• SalNick
            SalNick commented
            Editing a comment
            It’s by Scranton PA

Originally posted by Pinky View Post
          Thank you for posting Brian!
          Thank you for what? For false information?????

Mike already cleared information about LUV cuttings:

Pomona auction Apologies! Please read!
          11-18-2017, 09:00 PM

I have to start by offering my complete and profuse apologies to ebay usernames betelguese3x (Mike51050), heinekenbrew, and bernard*sweety for my post about shill bidding, scamming to undermine the auction for the nursury.

There was nothing wrong with any of these people's bids and all actions were appropriate on the items.

What happened, and how it happened. Someone was forced to remove their bids from one of the auctions. I was on the phone with ebay and posted based on their information from talking to them last Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and reconfirmed Thursday night. The information they gave me was not accurate.

Short answer after @ 2hours with EBay today. With the low starting price of all the Luv material offered, the speed and amount certain people bid on the items "exceeded the expectations of the program" triggering an automated response which tagged people that repeatedly bid as suspected shill bidders. Being a shill bidder by definition, they would have to be bidding on my behalf. The automated response made an assumption "based on parameters" and forced bernard to retract his bids on the plant.

I was, of course tagged also. When I got off the phone it was acknowledged by EBay none of the people had participated in shill bidding, and all bids were appropriate.

EBay reference # 1-136799117547. I am supposed to get an email in regards to this, as Mike did.

My post was based on information EBay had provided up until today. If it was not for Mike reaching this may have gone unnoticed. The information was not easily provided. It was not until I could find the right person who could tell me the unpaid items bidder did not "report" bernard, and the whole thing is automated.

I have contacted Mike, who has graciously accepted my apologies. I will get back to Bernard*sweety, and heinekenbrew through ebay and apologize there also.

If either of you are here please PM me.

My extended apologies for being the source of the misrepresentations on the forum

There is a much longer version of this that Don Sanders and WillsC are fully aware of. It was with both of their significant help that helped me try to resolve what had happened, and be informed to ask the questions that led to the right answers. Not good answers, but it is what happened.

My apologies to all, Mike

Last edited by Gordenia; 12-02-2017, 11:07 AM.

Comment

• Pinky
            Pinky commented
            Editing a comment
            I am thanking Brian for posting the sellers who are scammers. I do not believe Brian posted false information.The caring and helpful people here on the forum watch out for new fig enthusiasts who are not aware of the deception that is out there.

As for the LUV auction that was a bummer that ebay couldn't handle the bids. I went high first our of the gate since I don't like to bid in small increments. When they went over 4X my bid I walked away. Unfortunately if I would have seen the other bids removed I would have won several since i was close to the closing bids.

Gordenia,

What is your point exactly? That was Mike, this is Brian.

He is simply trying to protect people, what is wrong with that?

I would also like to mention that you are posting from about 5 miles from Moscow PA.......
          Cutting sales will continue until approx February 15th.

Comment

• Gordenia
            Gordenia commented
            Editing a comment
            Mike was wrong about LUV cuttings and he admitted his mistake. He was trying to protect people. Respect !
            It is my point.

• WillsC
            WillsC commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, MIKE was wrong and admitted it which was the right thing to do but Brian posted this.....it is like yelling at the guy in the F150 truck because the Ford Pinto hit you. If you have information that indicates someone on his posted list is legit I could understand that.

yep.... Scranton, PA

Comment

Originally posted by Gordenia View Post
            yep.... Scranton, PA
            No, Moscow PA, your ISP is simply in Scranton.........I want people to be clear on this, you ARE the same person named on the list above, actually more than one of the above is you. How do I know this?

1. Your proximity to Moscow PA made me suspicious...

2. A simple google of your user name here leads me to your Pinterest page https://www.pinterest.com.mx/atskor8with links on it to buy items from you on Ebay.
            https://www.ebay.com/itm/-/172519585321?roken=cUgayN Ebay user name korina77-2008

3. Your Pinterest page also has fig sales link https://www.ebay.com/itm/-/222433881651?roken=cUgayN Brooklyn, New York, United States Ebay User name dausername1

4. Your forum registration email is [email protected]<something.com> same as your name on your Pinterest account.

Cutting sales will continue until approx February 15th.

Comment

• reydmd
              reydmd commented
              Editing a comment
              Great job Wills.

• nevepo
              nevepo commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks WillsC for Wiping the window clear on Gordenia's face. Nice piece of clear and proper work.
              It's allways nice to see the mask fall. Thank's again.

• king_will400h
              king_will400h commented
              Editing a comment
              woooooo, got em!

Hummmm, looks like Wills has uncovered a mole.
            Wendy - zone 6b - Central Kentucky .....My Fig List
            WL - Bass' Favorite, Bordissot Negra Rimada

Comment

Wow! I was trying to take a nap as I’ve been sick as a dog. This woke me up really fast!

Comment

The mole has been uncovered. However, more will be revealed in a bit.

Comment

• nevepo
                  nevepo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you Brian M for the preview nevertheless. Good work.

Ficus_Vitae you are so darn funny!! I'm so lucky to be your friend!!!!! HAHAHA
                Joe

Comment

Joe, I’m so immature at times, I sit here and crack myself up!
                  Wish List: I need another fig tree like I need a hole in the head.

Comment

• NangkitaKate
                    NangkitaKate commented
                    Editing a comment
                    OMG Ficus_Vitae - are you really an egg pretending to be a fig?

• Ficus_Vitae
                    Ficus_Vitae commented
                    Editing a comment
                    NangkitaKate, I think so!

Ebay seller fmnatura-9 is currently using my fig photos without permission in sales listings. I don't know this person or what they are selling, and they certainly have no permission and no right to use my photos for whatever it is they are selling: https://www.ebay.com/usr/fmnatura-9

I'm working with Ebay to have my photos removed from those listings.

Tony WV 6b
                  https://mountainfigs.net/

Comment

• joe73
                    joe73 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    ginamcd, I think you're right, I saw that earlier tonight, its the pic of the cuttings on the granite counter top!!!

• unnie
                    unnie commented
                    Editing a comment
                    fmnatura-9

• Fig-Doctor
                    Fig-Doctor commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No one should other photo. If they do it is fake cuttings.

Let's put our name on each pic .or initials,or how bout phrase"antiscam" if we dont want our pic in public domain!
                  Z8A NC SANDHILLS

Comment

Folks, you can block people from bidding in your auction. I blocked many of the names in the scammers list here to prevent them (her and family) from meddling in my auction.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/mana..._ov.html#block
                    Last edited by The1FigMan; 12-03-2017, 11:39 AM.
                    Check out my Fig Channel on YouTube and
                    FigBid for the latest Sales!
                    Mike - Zone 7, CT

Comment

Apology to Bunny3536 who was inadvertently added to this list.

Comment

Brian,Can one edit Bunny3536 off the list as she is in no 1 position now and I may look the list up in the future and not remember she's ok?
                        Z8A NC SANDHILLS

Comment

• WillsC
                          WillsC commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I will take care of it.

• The1FigMan
                          The1FigMan commented
                          Editing a comment
                          With Bunny3536 selling 85 of one type of cuttings, I'll bet we see Dausername / Peony / scamartist central buying up those cuttings and relisting them as Black Madiera and I-258's when they are really Lebanese Shtawi's.
                      Working...
                      X