X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valle Negra breba

This is the Valle Negra that Maggie & Giuseppe in NY have. This was sent from Sergio in Italy. It's the long finger Valle Negra.
    This is a must have fig for me. Very rich tasting fig. Hard to say what it really tasted like. Maybe a dark berry/concord grape. My wife thought it tasted like a nectarine.
    I have an email from Sergio that states it's not Valle Negra, but Valle Calda. He made a mistake when he sent it to those two people. So to
    those with Valle Negra with long fingers. It's actually Valle Calda.
    I do have the real Valle Negra that Sergio sent over. It has a different leaf pattern and the figs are smaller and more round. I will post pictures of the real Valle Negra when they ripen.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
    Art
    Western Pa -6a

Looks good. Any idea if this is synonymous with Nero 600m? Anything that can help clear up the confusion around Nero 600m, Valle Negra, and Valle Calda would be useful.
    Tony WV 6b
    https://mountainfigs.net/

Comment

I can't tell you anything about Nero 600. I just recently acquired it.
      Valle Negra is a more round blackish fig and Valle Calda is more oblong with longer finger leaves. I think it's similar to VdB.
      Art
      Western Pa -6a

Comment

I wonder which one Vito has, the one Vito calls Valle Negra grows like crazy.
        Rafael
        Zone 10b, Miami, FL

Comment

Sounds like there's a VDB-like fig going around variously called Nero 600m, Valle Negra, and Valle Calda. I have it as Nero 600m, photo attached. It does grow like crazy. The one I have in-ground on a very exposed bank came back from total top-kill while the 2 figs on either side of it never came back. It came back relatively late but is growing like crazy again, making up for lost time. The attached photo is from last year.
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
          Tony WV 6b
          https://mountainfigs.net/

Comment

I have a Valle Negra from Vito and when I got it the orange marking tape said it was from Maggie

Comment

Can you post pics of Valle Negra leaves

Comment

Green guy, I will try and post picture tomorrow. Odds are your fig is a Valle Calda. Your are going to like it.
                Anything that comes from Vito is a good fig.πŸ˜‰
                Art
                Western Pa -6a

Comment

Dang these are good! The last two years this one has been one of my favorites.
                  You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
                  Art
                  Western Pa -6a

Comment

Hi everyone.
                    I would love a cutting of the Vale negra that came from me, I wound up without one.
                    Mine did come from Maggie.
                    Vito

Comment

You guys are killing me with fig photos!! I just had fresh fig from store. 2 for $1.00 and were terrible! Nice color and weight but taste was none.

Vito you ever receive my private message to you about you move date?
                      Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
                      1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy πŸ‘ΌπŸΌ.
                      2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

you sold me your tree last year vito. I have three small rooted cuttings if you want one. pm your address and i will mail you one

Comment

Working...
                        X