X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wet Wet Wet

I make post opposite of kelby "dry dry dry" post. We have not even feel like summertime. Is been rain storms almost every single day from when the temp outside get over 60F. I feel very bad for people with no water now. I wish I have extra money I would collect big truck of water for you and come water you plants. Last night it down pour 3.5 inche of water in one HALF hour. That amount is average monthly rainfall here. And we get it in 30 minutes. Houses and trees are destroyed from winds and tornados. Floods. Everything. Is supposed to stop for few days and finally be sunny but who knows. Weather Tis year is very odd

Ever have Worst feeling when you are going to sleep. You know you have your delicate, well cared for happy baby figs outside and you hear the wind start blow harder last night 93mph. The rain harder. The tornado warning sounds. Now you look out window and see the big birch and oak trees bending in half. You hear hail and your almost putting you shoes on to go rescue all you figs into safety but decide "ok they will be ok.. They can stand up to Tis" and you lay back to sleep fighting yourself to sleep and finally do... The next morning you are holding your breath as you walk out to see the damage.... I was lucky Tis time and exhaled with relief everyone was ok. I hate Tis feeling.
    Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
    1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
    2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Taverna,
    My weather has been the exact opposite. We've had 100+ temps every day for the past 3 weeks and not a drop of rain. My water bill is going to be like a car payment.
    Ray in Columbia, SC Zone 8

Comment

Tis is normal conditions for you area?

Comment

• rayrose
        rayrose commented
        Editing a comment
        No, we had an unusually cold and wet spring, and now we're getting the opposite.
        We've gone from one extreme to the other. But it seems to be very site specific.
        Yesterday it rained in the eastern part of the city, but not in the western part where
        I live.

• Taverna78
        Taverna78 commented
        Editing a comment
        Global warming ? Weather get more and more strange every year.

Mike glad to hear all is OK. That sounds like our weather in March/April. Nice weather here, light rain one or two times a week just right. Perfect for growing figs and ripening them.
      "gene"
      Zone 9 Houma LA in the bayou land.

Comment

All is okay so far Cugino. Today first real nice day. I hope it stay this way! How are you? Your Air layer almost finish? I can't wait much longer I'm getting shakes haha

Comment

It has been extremely wet here in Central Texas (San Antonio). Hot and sunny for a week or two and downpour/flood for the next week. I went down to two local nurseries for their sales on fig trees but all of their trees were in such bad shape from the rain which caused a lot of rust spots on all of them. Hope we get some sun for the next week because I see mushrooms growing every where.

Comment

Morel or cauliflower mushroom ?

Comment

Nothing too exotic here in San Antonio . . . just the regular ones. They are even growing on my fence

Comment

A tornado touched down outside of Chicago last night...it sounds like you were near it with 93 mph winds and hail...hope all is well
                Ross B. Santa Rosa Calif zone 9b, wish list: CdD Blanc, Igo, Palmata, Sucrette, Morroco, Galicia Negra

Comment

1.3 mile away. Was very afraid for my family. I make them
                  all in basement shower.

Comment

Working...
                  X