X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brunswick and Peter' honey Breba 15

Hey my friends ,I hope all is well with you wherever you are and all your growing efforts are coming to fruition .
    My long awaited Breba figs have come and gone and they were all worth the wait! First time Breba figs from my Brunswick and Peters' honey. Only one stayed on and ripened on the first and Six on the second and they were all healthy and very good tasting.
    The PH started to ripen first and two weeks ahead of the Brunz but it is also located in full sun were the Brunz gets early four or five hours of sun and then part shade! The ph figs were unmistakably honey tasting sweet with a medium fig flavor and a hint of cantaloupe if any. The Brunz produced a beast of a fig that weighed the limb down and had a more complex flavor that is hard to describe . It's kind of tasting a blend of LSU Purple and P Honey blended in one! A favorite in my book and even though we received four inches of rain this past weekend there was no sign of splitting, souring or watering down of the flavor !
    Last night we ate the last of the Ph and the Brunz back to back for a side by side taste comparison. I, Mrs K , little miss Gabs K and our newest Daughter Jenny were the panel members. I and Gabs after much thought voted Brunz while the two ladies went for Ph with no second guessing ,so there you have it! A close tie. I m sure Glad to grow both varieties and looking forward for the main crop harvest and taste comparison.Thanks much for reading and if you have any or both of those varieties feel free to express your opinion.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 5 photos.

That look delicious!
    Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
    1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
    2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

• Chrisk
      Chrisk commented
      Editing a comment
      Grazie. They really were. Not enough though. Need a bucket full lol.

You have large tree?
    Zone 5 Chicago IL Wish list:
    1) Rest peacfully Amico Bello Buddy 👼🏼.
    2) This weeks ebay auctions.

Comment

• Chrisk
      Chrisk commented
      Editing a comment
      7 foot tall in a 1gal pot inground with pot. Only one breba but full of main crop figs so I have something to look forward to. I can send something if you like one ( small air layer).

Thanks for sharing, they look great. My daughter likes any ripe fig, but honey type figs are her favorite too.
    Calvin, Wish list is to finish working on the new house, someday.
    Bored? Grab a rake, paint roller, or a cordless drill and come over!

Comment

• Chrisk
      Chrisk commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Calvin. You know how it goes. Ladies know best. We give them the brebas to sweeten them up so we can get more
Working...
X